Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Nieuwe LEM in december/januari ?

Is there progress? Like a time table or so?

OK, for everyone, here's the definitive low-down on the Lighttown LEM.

Reaching the Lighttown LEM
    The Lighttown LEM is held at the Temporary Art Centre, near the Philips Stadium in Eindhoven. The TAC is easily accessible by car or public transport.

By car from the North and West direction (The Hague, Breda, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Nijmegen, Zwolle)

The Hague, Breda, Amsterdam, Utrecht: Follow the A58/A2 motorway until you reach the De Hogt intersection. Keep left to follow the directions into 'Woensel'.

Passing the IKEA on your left, stay on the right-hand lane to approach the intersection. Follow 'Centrum' from here.

Nijmegen, Zwolle: Follow the A50 up to the traffic lights, passing the IKEA on your right. Follow 'Centrum'.

Travelling Southbound, you will cross the Ring peripheral road here. The university is on your left.

The road you are on (the John F. Kennedylaan) will end in a set of traffic lights. You will need to turn right here. The stadium (Stadion) is indicated from here.

Follow the Stadion directions, until you cross the railway overhead. Keep left as the best parking space is at the Mathildelaan (left at the next intersection).

The TAC is right in front of you across the intersection. Turn left for parking.

From the South and East directions (Maastricht, Venlo, Antwerp, Germany)

Drive the A2 or A67 motorways into Eindhoven. All of them lead to the Leenderheide intersection (the huge roundabout), where you will need to follow the Centrum directions.

Stay on the road you are on, travelling North. You will cross a roundabout, take the second exit.

Entering the city centre, you will cross the Ring peripheral here.

The road you are on (the Leenderweg) will merge with the Aalsterweg as you near the inner city, keep left here as the stadium is indicated shortly.

Turn left at the next intersection. The Park Theatre should be on your left.

Stay on the main road, which will lead you onto the Vonderweg here.

The TAC is on your right. Turn right at the next intersection for parking (specific parking details below).

By Public Transport
    Intercity trains leading to Eindhoven arrive every 30 minutes from the Utrecht, The Hague, Venlo and Maastricht directions. For specific details regarding your train journey, check the NS web site on www.ns.nl .

From the station, the 401 (Eindhoven Airport) and 402 (Veldhoven Zonderwijk) Phileas buses operate a quarterly service towards the TAC and vice versa. Get off the bus at the stop designated 'Stadion'. Walking from the station is also possible, if you're in a healthy mood, the walk is about 700m through the city.

For the adventurous, Eindhoven Airport operates daily Ryanair flights from London Stansted and Dublin, and Transavia flights from Alicante, Malaga and Faro. Take the 401 bus from the airport to reach the Temporary Art Centre.

Parking

The best parking option is at the TAC itself, take the first exit on your right at the Mathildelaan to get there.

Immediately turn right again, which will lead you into the Ventoselaan. The LEM hall is shown on the left side of the photo, parking at the left-hand curb is forbidden, however. There is ample space at the right-hand side and parking bays are available past the D exit curb.

The hall has a set of double doors (~2.40m x 2.20m) which allow access for people with heavy equipment. Close them immediately afterwards as they are a fire escape.

Visitors can enter the TAC through the A entrance at the front. The LEM hall itself is marked with a large yellow laser safety sign, and the door will be locked from the inside when lasers are active. This is because a private party is going on in the adjacent hall, so to prevent any unsuspecting wanderers to get a close encounter with a beam. Call if you happen to be late and want to get in.

The TAC has a large parking near the A entrance.

In the event the A entrance parking is full (stadium visitors tend to use it as an unauthorized parking during a football match), a large parking garage is situated further down the Mathildelaan, to your left (past the police station).

Programme
    Please note that this programme may be subject to change in the future. The definitive programme will be posted at the LEM, and a draft floor plan will be posted shortly, so everyone can find out where they can set up their gear and the availability of power.

12:00 - 14:30: Buildup time for visitors, general socializing and tinkering.

14:30 - 15:00: Tinkering time (The scan-fail workshop by mccarrot has been cancelled.)

15:00 - 16:00: General tinkering time. Once more, with feeling...

16:00 - 17:00: "Safe Audience Scanning, the Simplified Approach", talk/workshop by mccarrot

17:00 - 18:00: Buildup time for lase-off

18:00 - 19:00: Dinner break

19:00 - 20:30: Lase-off. The exact lase-off rules and entry list will be posted shortly.

20:30 - 21:00: Cleaning up.
    Last edited by Stoney3K; 11-30-2009 at 15:18.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberb0b View Post
    PS. i just made a social group called "Dutch laserists".. Mabey very usefull for future lems.. So that everybody gets a msg when a new one starts.
    I have made links to the old meetings and the upcomming one, placed some pics from the last meeting...
    There's already a group called Haar-LEM attendees:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/group.php?groupid=6

Maybe we could rename it to Dutch Laserists or something..

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    Call if you happen to be late and want to get in.
    A PM with a phone number would be very appreciated

Here in the northern part of the Netherlands we have something called Navigation to find a location......

Also I would like to cancel the scanfail workshop, as its easy to setup if you read the manual and if you have any questions you can ask me...

I might pop in, if I dont have to work that day... Till when can I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Here in the northern part of the Netherlands we have something called Navigation to find a location.....
    I know that, but not everyone has a satnav in their pocket. It's better to provide enough information in advance than to get disgruntled phone calls saying "Help, I'm lost!" at the LEM, right?

For the navigation users ;

Temporary Art Centre
    Vonderweg 1
    5611 BK Eindhoven
    Last edited by cyberb0b; 12-01-2009 at 07:00. Reason: Typo

Is there already more info availeble?
    Like food & drinks, costs, are there sticky tables?

I go together with bart so you can move me to the confirmed list.
    Unfortunately the 500mW green was going to be combined with a 900mw red but got canceled.