Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Misc Items FS... I guess...

gosh, if I was closer to your location, that would be instantly sold!

sad it would almost cost what you want to have it crated and shipped to belgium, not to mention taxes

Wow, $250 for a whitelight? Hmmm. Any idea of the number of hours on the tube? I've fixed 2 Reliants recently, so finding the problem with this one may not be too bad. So, if I'm to understand it, this laser will not start in it's current condition, but it is gas intact? Can you also see when it was manufactured?

Lightbulb

Damn, I'd even try to get it running for that price. Screw a housing leave that thing naked!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

PM Sent !

Hey D -

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Any idea of the number of hours on the tube? ...So, if I'm to understand it, this laser will not start in it's current condition, but it is gas intact? Can you also see when it was manufactured?
    I'll see if I can get over there tomorrow and check / post the details... RE: 'starting' - dunno - that's the 'pot luck' part of this - very-well, might then, again... point-is, I have to do graphics for 10 songs in 4 days, and then rehearsals, then a show, so I can't touch the thing until at least Sat or so... the thing is, ya can't just 'plug it in' - gotta hook up the 48V psu / Fan, and build a bit of a 'shroud' to block the 'gaps' that appear in the photo, so this thing can be tested 'properly' - I just don't have the time to 'TLC' it for awhile...

And D, you (and prolly Steve R) are among one of very-few that I would not hesitate to offer a 'non-DOA buy-back' on it - anyone else, well, would have to either be 'as-is', whatever condition it is actually-in, the only 'warranty' being that the owner believes it "was working" when pulled in-house for service - OR - unless you can prove you've had some experience with these, and won't 'blow it up' trying, ya know? I don't wanna be a 'geek' about this, but again, don't wanna open up more complications, here... Even if it was a goner, at that price, heck, you could probably parts-out the board / tube / parts, put up on eBay and make it back... maybe..

Anyhoo, will answer PMs and try to get some more detail fer ya, asap... kewl?

ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Where is the WL laser located? If it's in NY I may be interested

I ask since your account specifies multiple locations

Default S'more stuff..

Hey Kats -

Ok, First, what could 'fairly' be called a 'historic laser' - this, cause it was the laser that was in the 'demo / programming' studio at Laserium, since - gosh - early 1990s, I guess (?) and was the laser that programmed some of the worlds' most 'beloved' laser shows... ...'subjective' comment, I'll concede, but 'part of history', nonetheless...

It is a Coherent Purelight Star, one of the 'earliest' Gens... but in-support of these lasers being such reliable 'workhorses', this laser has over 9500 hrs on it and I just recently broke the first two ampoules to stabilize the pressure a bit! (was a bit low...) - and still producing all-lines, including yellow....

...asking (SOLD), complete with PSU and remote...

peace..
    j

RE: Star PSU service manual: Thanks, Steve!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09185..JPG  

DSC09175..JPG  

DSC09191..JPG  

DSC09176..JPG  

DSC09189..JPG  

Last edited by dsli_jon; 11-18-2011 at 20:06.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Thread Bump. I have the service manual for that STAR PSU. So if someone buys the STAR from DSLI jon, I can copy the manual for you. You'll have to agree you will never post it on the net though..

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Exclamation Well, ...

sold at least 15 characters
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 05-25-2010 at 18:28. Reason: sold

PM sent

15 chars