Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Misc Items FS... I guess...

Default bump

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Hi Jon

PM sent re lumia stuff

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Jon, Lets see some PICS?!
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Default Scan through FX

Hey Jon,

I might be interested in some of the scan through effects, I'm also after a rotating Machida or Machado grating, I think the Machado is the cheaper version...

Can you give a bit more info, specifically for me what kind of size they are, so I can gauge whether or not they will fit in my cramped projector.... Pics would be good...

Mark

Hi Jon,

I might be interested in the em20s... do the lumia effects have the escap motors of old? As I recall the motor and gear heads were $265 each - and that was half a lifetime ago...

Brian

Hey Brian!...

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    I might be interested in the em20s... do the lumia effects have the escap motors of old? As I recall the motor and gear heads were $265 each - and that was half a lifetime ago...
    Yep, those nice precision, Swiss-made ones... and - heh - thanks for the 'validation' that the pricing on these 'kits' will be a great-deal...(when the motor/gear alone was nearly 2x the price of the kits!...

See above (Post #24) for more pix, to-come - thanks for the patience on the pix, guys! (final office-move-push today / tomorrow! ..)

peace..
    j

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Brian!...

Yep, those nice precision, Swiss-made ones... and - heh - thanks for the 'validation' that the pricing on these 'kits' will be a great-deal...(when the motor/gear alone was nearly 2x the price of the kits!...

See above (Post #24) for more pix, to-come - thanks for the patience on the pix, guys! (final office-move-push today / tomorrow! ..)

peace..
    j
    Oh I still keep an eye out for surplus escap motors - unfortunately they hardly ever show up with a high enough ratio gear heads...

brian

Default Large welded-aluminum-frame 'projector-chassis' ...

(...Figured this should have it's own-post, for comments / questions-sake...)

Large (~18" x 36" x 9" H) welded-aluminum-frame 'projector-chassis' - once-was a 'Laser Images' (Laserium) projector - looks like it was designed for a small 'ILT' / Laser Physics or Am 60x-size laser - has some MM-1 posts, 3 actuators (really-old-style lucas-ledex solenoids, but those 'EM-20's in Post #24 shure would werk nicely... ) and 4 'ports' for 'turret-style' fx positions - this could make a great 'ultimate-lumia' projector (with 4 or more positions - there's LOTs of space in this thing...) Side-plate has an IEC-receptacle, and 2 'CPC' connectors (will throw-in the 'female sides' of these / shells, and some 'fresh' pins... ) + a mini-Hubble 'twist-lok', presumably as a 'remote interlock' connx...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09378..JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	15817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09375..JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	15818Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09376..JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	15819Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09379..JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	15820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09380..JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	15821Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09377..JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	15822

...Or, someone with enough caesh to fill this up with RGBs could probably make a 5-10 Watt Full Color inside this thing... heck, there's proabably enough room for a 3W DPSS (Melles-Griot-style) and RGB full-color out the front - how cool would that be - 3 Watt beam-table, up top, and 2-3 Watts of WL out the front, all in the same box... Point is, lots of space to 'play'-with and very well-built... Does-have a 'baseplate' but not, IMO, nearly thick-enough for an optical-deck... you can supply one or I can hunt-around for one in the shop...

EDIT:
    also has a nice little 6.5" x 12" x 1/4" th. 'baseplate', ('highlighted' in white) with posts, for this 'power-supply' (which I will strip-off, before shipping, to reduce weight, etc - pretty-sure it (the PS) is fried...) which would make-for a good 'sub-assemply' for some lasers / psus, etc, etc - nice little 'bonus'...

Name:	DSC09374..JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	15823

ALSO, 'nother 'cool feature' I found - - front has a 'slotted-bracket', (highlighted) which would make for the perfect-foundation to put a nice, full-face AR-glass window in this thing (assuming you were to use the sub-deck for the lasers...) and/or a nice, 'sliding coverplate' for the front... either-way, cool...

Name:	DSC09381..JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	15824

Yeah, it's 'scratched-up' and needs some 'TLC in the cosmetics-dep't', but it's a SOLID chassis... could serve someone very-well, IMO...

...anyhoo, Price for this puppy? $150. as-is, OBO... questions?
    j

Cool Lumia / Scan Thru FX 'Jumpstarter Kits'...

hey Kats...

Lumia / Scan Thru FX 'Jumpstarter Kits'...SOLD...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09387..JPG  

DSC09389..JPG  

DSC09390..JPG  

DSC09388..JPG  

DSC09364..JPG  

DSC09391..JPG  

DSC09392..JPG  

DSC09393..JPG  

DSC09395..JPG  

Last edited by dsli_jon; 12-06-2010 at 05:35. Reason: sold

Jon

Just checking, did you get my email?

No hurry, just wanted to be sure it got through

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001