Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new RGB projector

Excellent explanation, i understand what you mean.
    So then i will for sure match the beam heights.
    But it's nice to see that it's already this nice and only can get better !

My other question about the dichro is still open: does it matter WHERE i hit the dichro ?
    So when i have all the colors aligned on top of each other does it matter if i hit it dead in the center or is 2mm up or down and a 1 mm to the left or right also ok ?
    I aim ofcourse for hitting straight in the middle.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Congratulations!!!!!!! Hobbybob!!! Beautiful projector, Lovely colours Also the case is very nice.

I like the red its awesome. So look boys and girls this is how you do it

Well, actually it's the boys and girls here that taught me, to be honest.
    I learned so much from this community that i am really grateful and proud to be a member on PL.
    I didn't fail !

Nice work!

BTW a very simple way to insert images is to upload them to your profile album (click on your name from the forum front page), then just click on the photo and copy & paste the VB code in to your post. Simples.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    does it matter WHERE i hit the dichro ? So when i have all the colors aligned on top of each other does it matter if i hit it dead in the center or is 2mm up or down and a 1 mm to the left or right also ok ?
    It does not matter where you hit the dichro. Sure, it's nice to have it near the middle, but so long as the beams are perfectly overlapped, you can hit any part of the dichro and you'll be just fine.

Adam

Hobbyhob-

GREAT JOB!!!! your projector looks great my friend! Very clean, everything looks dead on perfect. Very impressive.

does it matter WHERE i hit the dichro?
    It was explained to me that the closest you can get to the center, the better. Reason being, the coating process i guess tends tosomehow or another get "sloppier" toward the edeges i guess. Again, this was told to me many years ago. I am not too sure if it is even true any more. You tend to have best efficiencies as close to the middle as you can get.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    It was explained to me that the closest you can get to the center, the better. Reason being, the coating process i guess tends tosomehow or another get "sloppier" toward the edeges i guess. Again, this was told to me many years ago. I am not too sure if it is even true any more. You tend to have best efficiencies as close to the middle as you can get.

-Marc
    This maybe is true for chinese dichroics, but for example swisslas dichroics do not get "sloppier" towards the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    This maybe is true for chinese dichroics, but for example swisslas dichroics do not get "sloppier" towards the edges.
    Hi Maurice, you had test our new dichroic,you can test any area of our new dichroic.
    we always try our best to upgrade our products, from now to futures,fact will prove what laserwave do.
    not all Chinese company are only know do cheaper and not quality products.
    best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

From what I can see, the coating on my laser-wave dichro is consistent right across the surface

Well i fitted a bar to be able to hang the projector in truss with so called G-hooks.
    I put on stands underneath so that the 3 92mm coolers can "breathe" from underneath and take in fresh air. i have arranged for a crate to (temporarily) be able to transport it, until i find a nice case.

Will post pictures soon, this friday i will hang the projector at an event, just to play with it.
    Probably no smoke machine there so don't expect cool pics...
    I didn't fail !