Thread: edmonds industrial optics

Default edmonds industrial optics

Kai ora,
    I wanted to know if anyone has purchased kinematic mounts from edo. If so what optics did you buy ? also can I get away with 2 axis mounts.
    Daction

Cool

I've never purchased any mounts from Edmund's, mainly because of the cost. Our own LaserMan532 makes and sells a clone of the venerable MM1 on his website, however, that will work just fine.

And yes, a 2-axis mount is normally sufficient, but it's usually a good idea to mount them using a slotted foot, so you can slide them fore and aft slightly to facilitate near-field alignment. (Unless you're using two bounces per laser, in which case you can hard-mount everything and steer the beams using the adjustments on the mounts alone.)

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Laserman532 and thorlabs make good stuff at reasonable costs, brackets designed for laser for holding MMs come from One Stop Laser Shop as well..

Edmunds is expensive..

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I have some of Edmunds and some of Pat's (Laserman532) mounts.

Pat's mounts are absolutely superbly made and are a fair bit cheaper, the quality is also excellent.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001