Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burleigh WA-10 Wavemeter

Question Burleigh WA-10 Wavemeter

I recently managed to get a hold of one of these fine wavemeters for a price I could almost afford, and am wondering if anyone has a manual to it. I have used the (very similar) WA-1500 at work a few times, and I have access to its manual and a manual to the WA-2500 (no internal HeNe reference), but I can't find the WA-10 manual anywhere.

I am mainly looking for the serial commands, and any comments about hooking it up to an external spectrum analyzer to get a wavelength sweep output (I know the 1500/2000 have a connector on the back to do this), etc. I also know there is a schematic (or service manual perhaps, I am not sure how manufactures worked back in the '60s) floating about the internets, if anyone knows someone that has it that would be super nice too.

Thanks!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

If EXFO is of no help,
    Talk to these Gentleman.

http://www.bristol-inst.com/

the patents are very interesting...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I just wanted to give you guys an update, I managed to get a copy of the manual from Bristol-Instruments, and the engineer I talked to was one of the best people I have worked with as of yet.

Unfortunately, it looks like no one has the manual for the GPIB option, so it looks like I am going to have to figure that out on my own. If I ever do get it figured out I will be sure to let you guys know.

Laser Warning

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    I just wanted to give you guys an update, I managed to get a copy of the manual from Bristol-Instruments, and the engineer I talked to was one of the best people I have worked with as of yet.

Unfortunately, it looks like no one has the manual for the GPIB option, so it looks like I am going to have to figure that out on my own. If I ever do get it figured out I will be sure to let you guys know.
    Hiello,
    I am evaluating the purchase of a used WA-10. I would use it to build a calibration bench for tunable 1550nm laser devices. I am wondering if the WA-10 can work in this wavelength range and if it can have a resolution of 0.01nm or less.
    Would you mind to share a copy of the manual?
    Thanks
    Filippo

The accuracy is .003nm for the WA-10, and .001nm for the WA-20, I have sent you a pm with the manual.

Best of luck

Laser Warning Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    The accuracy is .003nm for the WA-10, and .001nm for the WA-20, I have sent you a pm with the manual.

Best of luck
    Thank you very much.
    Thanks to your information I understood that the WA10 cannot do the job at 1550nm because of the silicon detector.
    I will look for a different wavemeter... hopefully at the same bargain price.
    Best regards
    Filippo

I'd love to get my hands on a WA-20 or WA-10 at a reasonable price. If anyone knows of one laying around, please let me know.

I do keep my eye on Ebay, but haven't seen anything come up lately.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

try here

Burleigh Wavemeter WA-10 Optical CW Wavelength Laser Meter Analyzer PARTS #1

http://bit.ly/18Hjj4X

Yeah, I saw that, but it's this bit that puts me off...

"Internal component shield is missing. Laser protection component is missing. Front panel is cracked (see photos)."

Thanks for the link though
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hello,

The lab I intern at recently received a Burleigh WA-20 from a defunct lab. I am currently trying to reverse engineering the communication protocol of the D-sub 25 pins connector on the back panel of the Wavemeter with help from the somewhat incomplete instruction manual.

Did anyone succeed in communicating with a Burleigh WA-20 or WA-10 without the 24-pin GPIB interface mentioned in the manual?

Any information would help me,
    Gabriel