Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't know if anyone's interested but...

Smile Don't know if anyone's interested but...

Hi to All,

The name's Morgan and I've been a member for quite a while but very inactive here. When I first found PL I was a tender laser virgin and frankly you guys scared the bejeezus out of me with the rafts of knowledge and technical know how, so I was happy finding out a little about pointers to start with and build a few things. I have therefore been spending the last year and a bit in the Laserpointerforums pages learning. I have learned quite a bit over there and been working to try and help supply some bits to the UK enthusiasts. I know Adam, (Diachi), from LPF and he suggested I let you guys know about what I have. It's not a huge list but I'm hoping to grow it all the time and the price breaks are starting to come good so, if I have anything you're after then drop me a line. You never know when you might need something in a hurry.

First off:

Complete GGW-H20L sleds are £32
    SW-AF210 BR diodes, (extracted but in their heatsinks) £24
    LPC-815 Reds, (extracted but in their heatsinks), £6
    PHR-803T, (extracted etc...), £6
    Some GGW-H20L Red, (extracted, yada-yada), £7

I can offer pre-installed diodes in Aixiz modules too. I have a few glass lenses and can setup drivers, etc, although if you're anything like me then you probably prefer to do that sort of stuff yourselves!

All those are delivered prices.

I'm really not looking to reinvent the wheel or rock any boats, just supply the raw materials for a hobby we all enjoy. I know I have zero rep here at PL but I've made no enemies at LPF! I'm sure Diachi will vouch for me when it comes to straight talking and what I'm about, (I recognise a few other helpful and friendly faces too! Hi Lasersbee, Elektrofreak, ... )

For interest I've attached a link to my sales thread on LPF: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/uk-ggw-45509.html (I hope that's not frowned upon but I'm sure you'll let me know and I'll edit if that's the case.)

Hope I can help out.

Best regards,

M

(Damn it! I knew once I posted this I'm gonna spend hours here too now! Oh well, guess that's progress...)
    Last edited by Morgan; 03-19-2010 at 13:36. Reason: Poor grammar!

Hi Morgan and welcome to PL

A friend of mine has a requirement for 3 or 4 low power red lasers (5 to 10mW), they must have extremely well collimated beams with no light spread or halo around the beam, the distance they will be used at is around 6" to 15". These are to be used as location indicators on a CNC lathe. Andy_Con has suggested Aixiz modules with glass lenses. Due to the use these lasers will be put to they need to be robust and long life.

I would be interested to know how much it would be for 4 modules as stated above complete with drivers so they can just be coupled to a battery/power supply and they're good to go. I prefer not to have to put anything together myself so a black and a red wire coming out the back of the modules would be good

If you don't want to put the price here please PM me.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem,

I like that, "Today I feel coherent", thing next to your avatar. I've been looking for an opportunity to say something along the lines of, "I feel like my laser. Coherent and unphased!", but anyway...

For your application I think an option may be to look at the red/IR diodes from a PHR-803T sled. I've used a couple of these diodes and have been seriously surprised at the really fine beam with no almost no artifacts, even through a standard acrylic Aixiz lens. The only issue I think you've got is cost because of drivers, etc. However, that can easily be overcome if space is not an issue as I'm sure you're aware of LM317T based drivers. How fine do you really need the beam to be? I mean, for CNC targetting, can you get away with a cheap ebay model off the shelf? I can certainly build the modules up but I'm not in it to over engineering a problem.

Any good to you?

M

Hello Morgan!

Just to chime in here, Morgan is a great guy - he is professional, level headed and well spoken (I like that, it's easier to work with people when that's the case). In any conversations I've had with him he has been interested in gaining more knowledge and advancing in the hobby. He also has some interesting ideas - so he should fit in here perfectly!

Good to see you here.

Hi Morgan, nice to see you over here

If anyone is looking for a good reliable service here in the UK you wont go far wrong dealing with Morgan.

Cheers

Don't know how much my word is worth on PL....
    but I just wanted to say that I had dealings with Morgan in the Past for a
    Laser Power Meter and it went with out a hitch (and across the pond too)...
    I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again...

Nice to see you here Morgan... There's a nice bunch of very knowledgeable
    Members here...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Aww, shucks you guys! You're making me blush...

Just trying to help out...

M

Hi Morgan.

Welcome to PL and all it's fineties

Can I interest you in the up and coming LEM at Surfleet in May? It gonna be a great event with lots of like minded people there all spouting on about lasers
    It will be great to put a face to your name and to see some of the lasers you own.

Hope you can make it mate.

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

^smogthemog - PM'd...

M

Hi Morgan

Thanks for the info on the red lasers. However, a member PM'd me with an 'out of the box' solution which I think will be preferable for my friend with the lathe (he knows nothing about lasers). So, thanks for your help but I think once he sees the other solution it will be much easier for him.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001