Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to configure spaghetti with sound card dac?

Default How to configure spaghetti with sound card dac?

I cannot get my projector to work with the sound card dac and spaghetti. I have assigned the projector and dac in spaghetti and I can hear sound from the sound card. But nothing from my projector, what is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    I cannot get my projector to work with the sound card dac and spaghetti. I have assigned the projector and dac in spaghetti and I can hear sound from the sound card. But nothing from my projector, what is wrong?
    Have you tried another software like Laserboy?

No, I have not. Where can I download that?

http://akrobiz.com/laserboy/code/Las...2010_03_29.zip

Go here it learn how to use it,.
    http://akrobiz.com/laserboy/forum/index.php?

Looks like some other folks are also having trouble with the current Spaghetti release as they cannot change output settings.

I tried it, made a .wav but that didn't work either. No reaction from the projector whatsoever. I tried troubleshooting with a multimeter, I measured a signal all the way to the correction amp, but nothing in the DB25 cable. Does that tell you anything?

I bet the problem is something silly and obvious..

Hi, have you read this thread:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...d+dac+tutorial

Generally, the way you set up a sound card DAC with Spaghetti is to install the cmedia driver, set it to 8 channels, configure it to not be the primary audio device for windows in the windows sound control panel, run the (new) spaghetti sound card DAC configurator, and you're off and running.

Also could be that the DC-DC converter is not getting power. Check to see if you are getting 5V, -12, and +12 at the test pads of the board. If not, your power input is wired wrong.

Yes, I saw that thread. I've done all those things.

Yes, I measured those voltages.

I have one theory though: I see that the subwoofer output is used for intensity.. but the computer I am using has a very strange problem: It has no bass :/ (it's my school computer, so the county has tempered a lot with it, all my classmates have the same problem on their PC's.) I though the new DX soundcard would fix it, but if not, the intensity would always be 0, and the laser wouldn't output anything, right? :/

I tried installing the sound card driver on my main PC, but I couldn't because Windows rejected it because it had no driver signature.. God damn chinese software..

EDIT: Now it won't output anything at all, wtf..

You might want to check with the Spaghetti author to see if it uses the intensity channel, or if it uses only the R,G,B channels.

You should be able to go ahead with the cmedia driver installation without a signature, just click 'continue' (at least with XP).

Nevermind my last post, the subwoofer channel is working.. I measured voltage..

I could click continue on W7 too before the installation, but after the installation there was a second error message saying it's blocked, with no other buttons than "OK".. Also I do not have a spaghetti liscence for that computer.