Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BWB-10-OEM 473nm laser module info thread

Thank you for adding your location--we have great members in China.
    I feel you are a bit confused--TEC (cooling) is very rare in star pointers... as they are used mostly for short times and portable lasers with TEC are RARE.

TEC cools your laser head --some are on all the time and others are temp. controlled and work when needed--PLEASE post a link to what you have coming--I am thinking if it is a module it will already have a driver..
    DO NOT be quick to test-- as the wrong set-up will harm your 473..
    This thread is not about your laser except in color.
    I do not think you will need TEC--

also please post photos of your 473 BUT DO NOT POWER until you get reply from forum regarding your photos and your link.. there is only ONE correct way and direct from battery can be very bad... even just a few seconds...

hak
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 10-01-2016 at 09:17.
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post

Thank you for adding your location--we have great members in China.
    I feel you are a bit confused--TEC (cooling) is very rare in star pointers... as they are used mostly for short times and portable lasers with TEC are RARE.

TEC cools your laser head --some are on all the time and others are temp. controlled and work when needed--PLEASE post a link to what you have coming--I am thinking if it is a module it will already have a driver..
    DO NOT be quick to test-- as the wrong set-up will harm your 473..
    This thread is not about your laser except in color.
    I do not think you will need TEC--

also please post photos of your 473 BUT DO NOT POWER until you get reply from forum regarding your photos and your link.. there is only ONE correct way and direct from battery can be very bad... even just a few seconds...

hak
    well.. thanks for your concern but i don't think i'm confused
    my head is nearly the same as the photos in this thread except for i haven't got it since we are in national holiday.
    my plan is to figure out a way to build a star pointer with this and i know this head is not portable and bright and hard to drive.
    when i get it i'll post some photos here.

have to say that in chinese forum no one can be this ethusiasm like you. i have taken a lot of efforts to find something about this head but in ruins until i found this forum.
    really appreciate!

OK
    ..if you have the laser part of these-- you need the rest.. but I hope you are not expecting a bright laser and one with a beam as visible as your green pointer.
    To our eyes-- to be equal in perceived brightness- from a 50mW 532 green it takes 200 mW of blue.. maybe less because 473 is a brighter blue.
    It will still be a nice (big) laser--but a poor star pointer. (compared to 532nm).

My plan is to replace the pump with a diode blue at 465nm-at 3000 mW my driver is small enough to fit inside the head-I'm adding a fan or 2. Only going with more active (TEC) cooling if needed.. the 2.5A driver is new and only 25usd.
    analog modulation and thermal protection..reverse polarity protected- has has all you want.. the correction lenses I will use are $45 (and a good deal!)
    It will go into a full color projector I am building for laser show.
    good luck-- we will get email if you post more..happy to help.
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

yes i know it won't be so bright but the color is really really fasinating isn't it
    will post here if succeed lighting it up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	750.5 KB 
ID:	50949

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	990.6 KB 
ID:	50950

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	823.7 KB 
ID:	50951

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	796.4 KB 
ID:	50952

need little help here..
    i just got my 473 head and i power it up according to the pin layout provided in this thread...
    well..actually it did light up but not 473nm. it's only 808nm...
    i tried to increased the voltage on the diode, up to 3V but only made more 808nm light..

wondering what's wrong. is it the temperature(TEC) ?

(I set the current limitation to 1A, but all the way up to 3V, the current is not over 1A. I can't remember the specific digits...
    Last edited by EntropySnow; 10-06-2016 at 02:43.

WOW lots of stuffs inside.. have not opened mine just yet..
    the 'way' these 'came' were never high power 473--they did not have to be

..most likely these we have were replacements for big argon lasers- in things like high speed printers-dna sequencers, confocal microscopes etc.. then *these* were replaced based upon hours of use and THEN they come to us....yeah..
    now we have multi-W blue diodes and these can become so much more than they ever were in previous lifetimes..yeah..
    mine will have a correct 07E.. so.. yeah..

GL with your star pointer project.. hak