Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: CuBr laser - add some 445nm for a MONSTER!

Default FS: CuBr laser - add some 445nm for a MONSTER!

My 10w Aesculap Meditec ProYellow CuBr laser is up for grabs along with some 10mm aperture EMS4000 wagglers

Just add a heap of cheap 445nm.. say 6-10W to make a nice 16-20W h-u-g-e monster of an outdoor or large indoor multicolour display system!

I'll even help the new owner put together said 445nm rig, either machining the hardware or full module assembly, all for reasonable cost, well.. depending on the laser sale price

And don't anyone dare mention running the figures through f***ing Chroma...

The laser is in great shape with low tube hours and running happy as is, but this needs a bit of work to get it to a turnkey display system.
    The redundant launcher stuff has been removed and an optical deck installed, the original colour box needs to be removed or re-located, scanners, colour change etc installed and an output window made in the case etc etc.. so it needs fabrication and wiring etc. Basically it's a medical CuBr with a few hours work done towards conversion to a laser show system.

Item 1:
    The laser/PSU with an optical platform fitted at the business end of the tube (all fits snugly inside the original cover) and a collimator. Also included with the laser are 3x STP8 actuators with arms and some dichroic filters to split the beam into green and yellow.
    This 10W laser was shown producing 6W of green and over 5W of yellow before the light meter assy was removed, I think this was probably fairly accurate as it boots my 10W thermal meter off the scale. It produces 511nm (green) and 578nm (yellow) lines, around a 10mm/4mR beam after the collimator, barely used with less than 70hrs tube runtime on the clock, optical deck is 120x280mm, runs off a 240V/13A single plug! AND is fan/air cooled. Easy peasy punchy power
    I would like to get £1,400 GBP (or near offer) for the laser, please PM if interested.

Item 2:
    A set of Eye Magic EMS4000 X/Y scanners with large 10mm aperture mirrors, scan up to 24k at low angles complete with mounts, drivers, cables and power supplies, been run at small angles for just a few hours.
    Superb scanners for big beams..
    I would like to get around £700 GBP (or near offer) for the scanners, please PM if interested.

Collection preferred but delivery is possible (depending on distance) at the buyers expense.

Disclaimer:
    Pulsed laser, very powerful, dangerous to skin and immensely destructive to eyeballs, competent/experienced laser people only please.
    Owner assumes all responsibility for the safe use of this laser at all times.
    Allen's need not apply..

Pics:

The laser with it's previous owner Smog -

A beam (in case you weren't sure)

Lovely golden yellow outside at a LEM

Optical deck with the optonal EMS's in position

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    And don't anyone dare mention running the figures through f***ing Chroma...
    Needs more red...
    (Soz... had to)
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Needs more red...
    (Soz... had to)
    <Slowly rolls up sleeve of clumping arm whilst glaring menacingly at Dan>

** Scurries off to check piggy bank with large hammer**

Hurumph!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Needs more red...
    (Soz... had to)
    I wonder if we can build a HeNe that's big enough to keep up!

I can throw in a nice 2mW HeNe

Seriously.. with 10mm aperture galvos a 60 diode red LOC array could be accommodated, no PBS required either would >12W of 660nm do ya?

Adding a big red and blue could make this a >30W RGBY.. shit I think I'm talking myself out of selling this CuBr

Could get BGYW if you just added some 445 - that would look nice even without the red.

I agree the white would look something else - maybe we should put the values into c.......
    oh shit its happening to me now.
    No its not
    No its not
    No its not

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    I wonder if we can build a HeNe that's big enough to keep up!

No problems, I know how the 300 mW V fold henes were made and have dimensioned drawings some place.
    They have a elliptical beam that is 1/5 the divergence of the blues, but about the same starting size.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...