Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Running the XJ-A140 With Missing Diodes

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I clicked 8 of these. Then when time came to think my next problem I see will be getting them collimated good enough to pass through right angle mirror to the pre-phosphor lens, then further.
    Collimation space is limited, so no parabolic mirror option is available.
    I'm thinking of using the optical glue drops to build first collimator lens ahead of each emitter in LED, then use ... stock CASIO lens ? Need to get the LEDs and do some experimenting

Piotr.K

Does this mod only affect the blue diodes and the red diode, or does it stop the phosphor wheel also? IŽd like to get rid of that one too..

no the phosphor wheel operates properly with both mods (cutting data pins and dummy load resistors)

Ok, thanks. IŽd be happy to know if there is a way to turn it off with the dlp still working.

I guess phosphor wheel is sending back some tick pulses at given phase of a turn, with frequency depending on frame rate, so depending how the motor is ran (DC or AC) main logic could be fooled by some extra circiut

Piotr.K

Yeah.. I just wish someone had found an easier way, like cutting wire 5, or something.

why would you want to remove the wheel?

i wonder if the wheel changes or manipulates the green color at certain RPM? like RPM=NM or RPM=color intensity.

http://cgi.ebay.de/1x-20W-455nm-Roya...item3f09f9a32c

I ordered a couple of these Diodes now. update will come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LesioQ View Post
    I clicked 8 of these. Then when time came to think my next problem I see will be getting them collimated good enough to pass through right angle mirror to the pre-phosphor lens, then further.
    Collimation space is limited, so no parabolic mirror option is available.
    I'm thinking of using the optical glue drops to build first collimator lens ahead of each emitter in LED, then use ... stock CASIO lens ? Need to get the LEDs and do some experimenting

Piotr.K
    Oh my ! These are huge ! ... too big to fit 8 of these on KASIO heatsink. Although optical diagonal is 8mm, the metal base is 20x20mm square.
    I think I should have bought 10W royal blue 445nm ones, 1A max

Any chance to fool the logic by populating less than full 4 segments of current draw (24V 1A each, i.e. 6x445nmLD) ?

Piotr.K
    Last edited by LesioQ; 07-22-2011 at 07:18.