Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable! Scanning systems at Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    ...but the highest form of intelligence.
    My wife would disagree, but then again she never did understand my Pythonesque humor...
    Now to formally address all those with not even a tickle of a sense of humour; each subsequent post was snowballing the sole notion of "nonsensical scanning" and rapidly self-derailed accordingly.
    Understood. However... As a respected source of quality information, this site should IMHO keep it real. What if some un-suspecting and unexperienced laserist such as myself read such diatribe and did not understand the whit? "Oh, jeeze, theres my problem right there, I need to scan at 150K until them galvie-doo-dahs scream like a bitch on heat and let the majik smoke out".
    I have no gripes with the galvos offered; nor the price. In fact they look quite a good deal.
    Now to my conundrum, what do I buy for my first set of scanners? My options are as follows:

1. PT-30K for AUD$234 delivered
    2. DT30 for approx $380 delivered

Thats a 60% cost differential. But, that is not all... First, I can afford the DT30's. Second, I live by the moto "the quality remains long after the cost is forgotten". So why don't I just fork out the extra for DT30's? This is my first scanner build. What if I screw the pooch? I am en Electronics Engineer, so I know what I am doing in general, but that is not to say I am perfect. I have already killed 3 DPPS modules with good intentions not to! PT-30 is good value, but will I regret getting them? Perhaps I should think in terms of total delivered project cost?

300mW DPPS Lab $150
    Audiolase kit $120
    USB Sound card $20

So total project cost to date with both scanners will be (excluding casing etc, all sorted as I have access to CNC, sheet metal and paint shop facilities at work):

1. DT's $524
    2. PT's $670

Actually, when I look at it like this, it's much of a muchness, total cost is pretty low IMHO from what I have seen... I have not yet mentioned that my plan is to move from single colour to RGB or RGV once I move up from white belt...
    My only dig has been at what can only be described as "motivational sales tripe" from said Mr. Spacelas. I thought this was very obvious; no?
    Yep. But as others have already posted, that's typical of Chinese sales people. Expect nothing short of this. Many here reacted as if this was the first time they had experienced such mannerisms. I laugh whenever I see chinglish in action, Mr Spacelas is actually pretty good in the scheme of things.

When I consider he could be doing some beginners such as myself a service in offering his services, I feel embarrassed for him to be treated in this way. As I stated earlier, move the thread and PM him! That is a moderators job. To see this thread carry on like a bunch of childish schoolboys in public is pity-full. By all means take the mickey off-line or in PM, hell CC me in too, but keep it formal in the public eye I say.

Now to quote some Chinglish that is deep to my heart:

• You be happy, you come back! I know. (seen on restaurant door in Perth)
    • I love you long time (to quote Little Britain)

Note to self: In future, email balderdash and piffle to oneself for own amusement
    cc me in.

Cheers,

Wayne
    Laserist in training
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    ...Lots of words...
    DT-30's all the way for me

While I have never owned a set of DT-30's myself; I have owned the older DT-25's and currently use the venerable DT-40W's. Both sets have been fantastic in every possible way.
    Therefore on this basis I would have no problem buying a set of DT-30's should I need another lower priced set of scanners.

Hope that helps you decide old chap

Ta,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

300mW DPPS Lab $150
    300mw for 150? Wow, thats pretty cheap!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    DT-30's all the way for me

While I have never owned a set of DT-30's myself; I have owned the older DT-25's and currently use the venerable DT-40W's. Both sets have been fantastic in every possible way.
    Therefore on this basis I would have no problem buying a set of DT-30's should I need another lower priced set of scanners.

Hope that helps you decide old chap

Ta,
    Dan
    Thanks. Can anyone advise the mirror loss of both DT30 and the LSP30 units? This is one factor in my comparo I have not yet quantified.

BTW How did you know I was old? I am only 46. I am also a grandfather!

Anyone do a good deal on rocking chairs?
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    300mw for 150? Wow, thats pretty cheap!
    Yes, that is what I thought. Sure it may not be name brand, but it is TEC controlled, has TTL mod and has been LPM'd by a few at LPF (bloody TLA's!) at around 300mW (250 at worst) filtered IR. The beam is not as tight as it could be, but this is perfect for me at this stage of my laser hobby! At least I have money to spare on other items later such as dychro, red and blue lasers...

Link: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/20...ped-50812.html

Advertised as 150mW, however read the above link... Mine is on it's way.

EDIT: I have decided. The winner is................................................ ........ DT30's. It's only money, made to go around...

Dave, please check your PM inbox. Thanks to all that have commented and offered advice.
    Last edited by dnar; 08-15-2010 at 03:03.
    This space for rent.

Default ILDA40K galvo system at Ebay

40K scanner system at Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Galvo-scanning-s...efaultDomain_0

40K at +/-20 degree, Max 60kpps at +/- 5 degree
    Last edited by spacelas; 08-15-2010 at 06:58.
    SpaceLas Team
    http://www.spacelas.com
    sales@spacelas.com
    Wechat: +8613713072172
    Laser Projector & Galvo System

To see this thread carry on like a bunch of childish schoolboys in public is pity-full. By all means take the mickey off-line or in PM, hell CC me in too, but keep it formal in the public eye I say.
    We do as we please; get the fuck over it.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    We do as we please; get the fuck over it.
    I beg your pardon?
    This space for rent.

Default Every Body Don't worry, Be Happy, Everything will be Easy!

Every Body, Don't worry, Be Happy, Everything will be Easy!

Try us, you will know how good and how worth of those products.
    SpaceLas Team
    http://www.spacelas.com
    sales@spacelas.com
    Wechat: +8613713072172
    Laser Projector & Galvo System

I beg your pardon?
    Do not attempt to impose your personal requirements upon a pre-existing culture.