Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: USB SoundCard DAC Amp Correction Kits - By AUDIOLASE - Group Buy Edition.

Default Hacked XMMS and JackAudio on Linux to output 6 channels + audio

I just hacked XMMS (modified the wav driver to do up to 8 channels).... in anticipation of getting my new audiolase....

I experimented with Linux and a cheap usb audio adapter that just happens to have the same chip in it as recommended by [and presumably supplied by optionally by] audiolase... That way there will be no surprises... By looking at the previous channel assignments post it appears that audio is on the 7/8 channel... If I should have to output audio on the USB card...

I found mctools' interlx command [CDP Multi-Channel Toolkit by Richard Dobson] which, I think, would allow me to take a 6 channel laser_boy WAV file and merge two audio channels with it... playing it back via XMMS through Jack where I would make sure the laser routed to that new audiolase that I'm getting (hope it arrives soon) and only if necessary, via jack, divert the audio to the existing sound card.... The mctools runs great in Linux on wine too... I'll be able to merge laser_boy output with wav... (The main idea is to have perfect synchronization between audio and laser show.)

In doing all this I successfully got a new JNA (Java Native) application talking to JackAudio... as a matter of fact created 4 clients each with 2 in and out ports... with jack audio doing callbacks to 4 separate Java invocations... weird... Now that I hacked XMMS to handle more than 2 channels I probably didn't need to do that but.....

Either way I think I've got this worked out... Now awaiting the hardware... drool....

--/matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattTheCat View Post
    I just hacked XMMS (modified the wav driver to do up to 8 channels).... in anticipation of getting my new audiolase....

I experimented with Linux and a cheap usb audio adapter that just happens to have the same chip in it as recommended by [and presumably supplied by optionally by] audiolase... That way there will be no surprises... By looking at the previous channel assignments post it appears that audio is on the 7/8 channel... If I should have to output audio on the USB card...

I found mctools' interlx command [CDP Multi-Channel Toolkit by Richard Dobson] which, I think, would allow me to take a 6 channel laser_boy WAV file and merge two audio channels with it... playing it back via XMMS through Jack where I would make sure the laser routed to that new audiolase that I'm getting (hope it arrives soon) and only if necessary, via jack, divert the audio to the existing sound card.... The mctools runs great in Linux on wine too... I'll be able to merge laser_boy output with wav... (The main idea is to have perfect synchronization between audio and laser show.)

In doing all this I successfully got a new JNA (Java Native) application talking to JackAudio... as a matter of fact created 4 clients each with 2 in and out ports... with jack audio doing callbacks to 4 separate Java invocations... weird... Now that I hacked XMMS to handle more than 2 channels I probably didn't need to do that but.....

Either way I think I've got this worked out... Now awaiting the hardware... drool....

--/matt
    WOW! Good Job Matt!

I don't know what half you said means but I do know that it sounds like a step in the right direction for adding audio tracks. Thanks for taking the time to dig into it.

Also, Audiolase boards will be on their way soon. The soundcard supplier I use shipped a whole bunch of soundcards to NH instead of to me! I had them send out a new set and they are on there way. They should be here any day. As soon as they get here, the boards will go out.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Adam

Default Hacked XMMS and JackAudio on Linux to output 6 channels + audio

Glad to know the status... I'm waiting for the laser (RGB) too..

Anyway in my testing I guess interlx doesn't quite cut it
    [ I can't merge a 6 channel wav with a 2 channel one to make 8]
    SO I'm going to have to write something that will separate
    Laser_Boy generated channels, add 2 audio channels and
    re-master the wav file for 8 channels...

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    WOW! Good Job Matt!

I don't know what half you said means but I do know that it sounds like a step in the right direction for adding audio tracks. Thanks for taking the time to dig into it.

Also, Audiolase boards will be on their way soon. The soundcard supplier I use shipped a whole bunch of soundcards to NH instead of to me! I had them send out a new set and they are on there way. They should be here any day. As soon as they get here, the boards will go out.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Adam

Glad to know the status... I'm waiting for the laser (RGB) too..

Anyway in my testing I guess interlx doesn't quite cut it
    [ I can't merge a 6 channel wav with a 2 channel one to make 8]
    SO I'm going to have to write something that will separate
    Laser_Boy generated channels, add 2 audio channels and
    re-master the wav file for 8 channels...

Good luck with that, I wish I could offer my help in the matter but I know very little about writing software.

Boards are packed up and ready to ship tomorrow.

I have two more plug and play boards ready to sell along with plenty of boards without soundcards if anyone needs AudioLase, contact me!

Default Hacking XMMS, and other software... question on ILDA cable

I didn't think to ask: Does a "normal" 25pin cable work to the Laser ILDA port?
    (Is the cable special? ) I haven't researched... shouldn't have been an afterthought...

On the software front I've managed to parse Wave, transform to float (32 bit), output to JackAudio, auto patch to port based on command line port names... adjust volume, etc...

I will, very shortly, write a utility to take a 6 channel Wave and merge in a 2 channel (audio) wav file to create an 8 channel wav file... 6 channels (via jack) will go to laser and 2 to audio...

The laser came today... RGB...

Thanks for the assistance...

--/matt

I didn't think to ask: Does a "normal" 25pin cable work to the Laser ILDA port?
    (Is the cable special? ) I haven't researched... shouldn't have been an afterthought...
    What you want is a DB25 serial cable where Pin1 = Pin1, Pin2 = Pin2,,,,, Pin25 = Pin25. All the pin's straight through. The other cable is call a null modem cable, which you don't want. Any male to female serial extension cable should be fine.

Hi Adam, I thought I would post the following for other Spaghetti users that use your Audiolase with the C-Media CM106 sound card.

Output assignments (to Audliolase)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CMediaSoundCard2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	24182

Spaghetti DAC assignments
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USB Sound Card Config.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	24183
    This space for rent.

Hey Wayne!
    Thanks a lot for posting that. Should help a lot of folks out with configuration.
    Thanks Again!
    Adam

Sound card configuration for Spaghetti looks a little different now. Also, I'll be adding in some additional utility/configuration tools to make sound card DAC tuning a little easier. And finally, for the sound card folks, I'll be introducing a new application that I call Bombora.

Default Count me in..

I will take one unassembled kit.
    Please send payment details.
    Steve

ps.. Will this card along with some software allow me to do "barrel roll" laser effects with my ILDA RGB scanner?