Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caution, Not for work viewing.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Caution, Not for work viewing.

This may shatter my reputation a bit, but enjoy two very outdated, politically incorrect safety videos. Do not watch at work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9sIT6P_05I

Warning, above includes improved Bra burning method for liberated women and nasty burn scene at the end. For those who do not know, LOX is liquid oxygen.

Parts 1 thru 3 of Dr FOD and the Wayward Body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=X7za28P3ZNA&feature=related

FOD is Foreign Object Damage, objects blown into Jet engines.

"And yes, BTW, that is my Assistant, Miss Wayward Body"

Ok, compared to what you see on Wildcats! and Desperate Housewives, both are somewhat tame.

And please do NOT try this with the Modern High Bypass TurboFans at your local airport.

For those who do not understand the 60s and 70s, in those days the only Women on a flightline would most likely be a nurse or a flight attendant.

Please consider that in EVERY safety lecture I've ever attended, 50% of the audience was asleep before the lecture is over and the of the remaining, 35% were distracted, this method might have been effective.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-30-2010 at 15:26.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Ahaa! Now I know why Painpal targeted you.

Have you been flogging bottles of LOX on eBay by any chance ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    Ahaa! Now I know why Painpal targeted you.

Have you been flogging bottles of LOX on eBay by any chance ?

Cheers
    No, but a test pilot friend has turned me on to the sublime UK humor of PPRUNE dot com, which is where I found links to these two clips.

I would have never understood the subtleties of UK Humor, until I spend a year scanning the Mil part of PPRUNE. You have some very, very, naughty, but brave, folks serving in Bettie's private airline.

Steve

LOL. That FOD video reminded me of my70's collection of gentleman's magazines... Urghhhh, all that hair...
    This space for rent.

the old ones are the best ones. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgqeBcdbFJ4
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
    the old ones are the best ones. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgqeBcdbFJ4
    Shame on you,
    That video would make Stephen King wince.

Steve

That video is just an entirely too awesome shade of awesome.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

LOX makes "ANYTHING" a GREAT fuel.... Even skin.

Default Uss midway cv41

When I was serving my first two years on the Midway (aircraft carrer 1983),we were struck by a russian MER ship, we were hit port side at the bow right at the LOX plant, holding 100,000 gallons of liquid oxygen, between the bulk head and the LOX tank is were the various gages were mounted on the tank were three of the ships crew were taking tank readings at the time of the collision, they were at the point of impact, the ship that hit us pushed the bulkhead into the LOX tank cracking it like an egg and contiued to push the sailors into the spilling LOX, the first two were shattered into hundreds of peaces the third was cut in two from lft shoulder to his rht hip, no blood, none what so ever when they were found. Those memories haunt me, thair right up their with the guy I watched get run over by a US tank "lft tred" (GULF WAR) The ship Midway had a blue bell opperations at the time of collision (Nukelar weapons movment) in hanger bay one, were the LOX tank was, as we ran to our general quarts and damage control stations we had to run past the Specail wepons that were being guarded by Marines standing in about 2" of flooding LOX, They held thair ground, as we were trying to avoid the large pools of LOX on the deck in and around the bombs (rangeing from 50 to 250 kiltons each and about 30 of them), The bomb bay divisional doors witch seperates hanger bay one from hanger bay two in an emergency were trying to close to isolate the LOX flood from the aft Brovo fire, that was burning out of control, but the ships structure was now bent from the collision and they would not close, this all happend at 21:30 hours in the malaca straits out side Singapore, We were doing every thing we could to keep Singapore on the face of the planet. We were losing the battle to the Class B fire and the Lox working it's way passed the divisional bomb bay doors we were prepairing to abandonship when they were spraying sea water at the LOX creaping up to the bomb bay doors creating a damn like frozen structure and locking up the liquid LOX in the Ice and venting the Gasious O2 to the out side via the aircraft elevator doors.We spent the next two weeks fight the flooding ship as we on top of every thing esle had a gash from bow to stern 50' below the water line that is ten to twenty feet wide as we were limping to the Philipines (Subic bay) for repairs, their is nothing like being young and haveing to jump into a flooded compartment with the water tight hatch beging closed after you into a tornado of swerling salt water to slow or stop the incoming rush of water with mattresses and lumber. Only four sailors died that night, the three in the Lox plant, the sponcend watch port side fantail who was lost at sea. but twenty Merianes lost thair feet standing their ground, of all the P.T.S.D. I suffer from going U.D.T. Thats the one episode that haunts me nightly!Thats my LOX exsperiance U.S.NAVY, BE ALL YOU CAN BE! Aviation ordanacemen 2nd class 17 1/2 years old.
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Wow. That's some story. We had some incidents on my ship but nothing like that.