Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Homemade Laser Projector

Oh My God! I think I'm going to actually use that for my next show. It's perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Sorry to keep coming back to this but who did that music?
    Hey Steve (and others)

It's the Portsmouth Sinfonia, see here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_Sinfonia

I've still got one of their original 12" vinyl albums from 1974 ish, it was quite popular at the time. In the days when I used to operate mobile disco's i'd quite often use that music to open the evening

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Good shizz, Thx Jem :]

Quote Originally Posted by murellrios View Post
    Is it possible to make a laser projector. Any guidelines on it will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    You should go back to the section of the forum and post a start a new thread or you could look around with the search function as many others have posted how they've done their laser projectors.

First of all you need to decide what kind of projector is going to be a RGB red green blue or a dual color or single color.
    Next you need to find a scanner set (often referred to as a Galvo or Galvano around here) which reflects the laser light it around into a picture form.
    thoes are the very essential parts of course you need some mirrors and what not to bounce the light around and of course a case.

From what I've seen many people forget about how they're going to control their projector. now you might say I'll just use computer well you need to get a controller called a DAC (for digital to analog conversion) so you can take signal from your computer's USB and go to a format that is used for lasers called the ILDA which is a old type 25 pin connector. A good brand that almost everyone uses is called pangolin quick show and it runs $600.. You can just Google it if you want to read more about it.

Good luck
    bsancken