Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Homemade Laser Projector

Dear methhack -

Quote Originally Posted by mechath View Post
    I like it.
    Good, glad you took it in the 'spirit' with-which it was intended.. Only 'point' was - kudos to your pioneering-spirit, and-all - that's what this place it all-about - but,
    you must-realize - the sum-total of researching-skill / intelligence in this community is pretty-doggone phenominal... you've got peeps, younger than 20 / early-20s, working on near-zero budgets, etc, and whom consistently demonstrate astonishingly-brilliant thinking, solid-methodology, and are able to quantify / demonstrate their research / finds, with known / measurable techniques and standards...

..but, when we see pix of what looks like low-grade pointer-cores / el cheapo-maximo modules and pretty questionable-lookin test-rigs.. (..let-alone any sort of test-validation equipment, ie: even anything like an O-scope, etc...), and when calls for more data / clarification / counter-points from the experienced-world of actual laser R+D, get met with '..no problem..'-replies?.... well, this all starts to feel like... well.. like the 'editorial-comic', there...

So, keen to see some-more verifiable-data, and tech-questions squarely-answered, vs sidestepped / whitewashed...

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Jon, you forgot the "666" timer chip.

ROFLMAO.

That bird will be hand digizited as the new Laser Wizardry East Logo!
    (if you dont mind!)

GREAAAT...`
    Last edited by mixedgas; 01-15-2012 at 17:55.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    ...you forgot the "666" timer chip..
    Heh, well, I'm pretty-sure there's one of those in the 'Lucky Star'.. ...you know, right next to the Illudium Q-36 Space / hi-speed DPSSL Modu-la-tor

peas..
    j

Oh, PS - sure, digitize-away... just make sure I get a t-shirt...

jon, you also forgot the flyback control.

Quote Originally Posted by mechath View Post
    ...you also forgot the flyback control.
    ..Shoot, I knew-it! Thanks, methhack.. fortunately for the World, I was drawing-again tonite... schwew! ..now I'm Winning!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewImproveded.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	845.8 KB 
ID:	29857

j

Think you've cracked it now Jon with the Flyback control.

My old physics teacher always used to say things are twice as efficient with the ex-wife out of the way!

(Never did say HOW he got rid of her though )

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ..Shoot, I knew-it! Thanks, methhack.. fortunately for the World, I was drawing-again tonite... schwew! ..now I'm Winning!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewImproveded.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	845.8 KB 
ID:	29857

j

Thanks Jon. Now it is complete.
    But KUTMÜN's scanner is too slow.
    35975 rpm << 15625 Hz

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Hey don't knock the potato, everyone know's its the future of portable laser power:

Seriously though, if this was possible, I believe Bill Benner would have done it given his experiments with the beam brush, which must be a similar principle, and the fact that he's currently developing his own scanners.

However, if I can be proven wrong and you can make Cambridge beating scanners for $10, I will be delighted to be proven wrong.
    Beam brush does work but it's just not perfect, not sure what point ur trying to make here.
    They never said something about scanners for 10$ they only mentioned cheaper then cambridge.

Instead of bashing someones current projects, you might as well contact and inquire more information before you do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Beam brush does work but it's just not perfect, not sure what point ur trying to make here.
    They never said something about scanners for 10$ they only mentioned cheaper then cambridge.

Instead of bashing someone's current projects, you might as well contact and inquire more information before you do something like that.
    I was having a bit of fun. The Youtube vids of it working are seriously impressive.

BTW the $10 reference was something I read over there. Can't be bothered to re-read every post but in post#7 of the LPF forums it does say cost is only a few dollars in components.

The point I was making more seriously above was that from a laser scanner point of view, as opposed to a tv scanner point of view, if this technology was so good, don't you think Pangolin would have realised when making their beam brush that this had a projector application as I believe its a similar principle to that used for the beam brush.

As a tv scanner, I'm not knocking it, in fact I'm very impressed at the skill.

View this and compare with your beam brush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRNsjvzmKRI