Thread: CT. Lasers Orders

Default CT. Lasers Orders

I just wanted to quickly address something-

For those of you that have an order or had an order in the past 2 months or so take longer than usual, my sincere aplogogies.

It seems as if the wheels are in motion for things to REALLY start chaging here with imports of Lasers. I have had almost every single order for parts and inventory held up in Customs. I talked with a "high up" Customs rep today and the reason being is that by very nature my business name contains the word "Laser" in it and Customs is going Laser crazy right now seizing illegal imports of laser equipment.

Obviously i am not doing anything illegal and my imports are 100% legal, but Customs is still having a field day seizing packages and taking their lovely time notifiying me of the seizure and calling me to verify credentials.

I still have 2 packages that are in their posession and have been since the end of August. And another package that was supposed to be released Oct. 1 that STILL has not been cleared.

There is absolutely nothing i can do about this. I think the only people these 2 seizures are affecting right now on this board is George (dream beamz) and Ian (Ireedz). And as of today i have also hired a "Customs Broker" to allow me to avoid these problems in the future.

If anyone else had some frustration with a longer than usual delivery time, as i said, i am sincerely sorry.

Also for an "FYI"- I would be VERY VERY VERY careful of where you import lasers and laser modules form if you are in the U.S. if you are not buying the lasers from a legitimate REGISTERED and licensed Laser manufacturer in the USA chances are, your stuff is going to start getting seized and NOT delivered!

From quite a few reliable sources, and confirmed by many others- The FDA has instructed Customs to seize without warning and return without notification illegal imports of lasers. This includes modules and systems.

the fit is really hittin the shan here!!! So, do your research of what you are buying and who you are buying it from!!

Make sure they are a registered business with a VALID CDRH variance and a legitimate Laser Company. just a heads up. Thats all.

Again, just wanted to get this info out there.

thanks for reading. and sorry to anyone who had to wait long.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    the fit is really hittin the shan here!!! So, do your research of what you are buying and who you are buying it from!!
    -Marc
    Pretty inevitable under the circumstances, but things still seem fairly cool in UK and in Spain ........for the moment at least.
    Lets hope it's not the calm before the storm.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Make sure they are a registered business with a VALID CDRH variance and a legitimate Laser Company. just a heads up. Thats all.
    who defines a legitimate laser company?

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    Pretty inevitable under the circumstances, but things still seem fairly cool in UK and in Spain ........for the moment at least.
    Lets hope it's not the calm before the storm.

Cheers
    I don't know about that. Jem had some porblems with customs only a month ago demanding payment for a projector he already owned and was being returned from repair!

who defines a legitimate laser company?
    THE MAN!!!!

LOL, "legitimate" as in:

If you send your money to this "xyz" company and the package or order or parts get seized, this "xyz" company has the paperwork to back up their purchase of said products.

1- radiation declaration form
    2- OEM Parts declaration if laser does not meet CDRH specs and can be operated *by itself*
    3- CDRH Variance if complete system.

or a combination of any of 3.

I just had an order from Kvant held and had to fax a copy of my variance and fill out a Radiation declaration form. OEM was not neccessary because power supplies were not supplied.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Jem had some porblems with customs only a month ago demanding payment for a projector he already owned and was being returned from repair!
    Thats pretty typical of customs really, I don't think it had anything to do with the nature of the product.

Marc,

Are we any closer on getting these packages?

Cheers, Ian

In UK I would say "something" is happening , not 100% sure i cant get to bottom of it.

Normally packages whiz through customs , often its just a paperwork excercise i think and it dont actually hit cutoms ..

Anyway i have had a package marked "processing customs" since 5th nov , calling dont seem to help , nobody seems to be able to tell anything.

The item in question is one of those special "WL" lasers though

time will tell

Paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers