Thread: 1970's Scientifica & Cook HeNe Laser

Default 1970's Scientifica & Cook HeNe Laser

1970's Scientifica & Cook HeNe Laser.

After around 40 years of service you would think this laser would be showing signs of age but it's still it top notch condition.
    It still works fine, first press every time of the igniter button.
    It is truly a work of art with it's superb build quality!

Pic's and small discussion about it here:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Ne-Laser-pic-s

I am asking £220.00GBP for it + Postage.

Postage will be at whatever the purchaser decides to pay for. THE ITEMS WILL BE SENT HOWEVER IN TWO SEPARATE BOXES AND EACH ONE INSURED TO HALF, OR MORE, OF THE FULL SALE VALUE.

The glass inside the laser head will be packed out with bubble wrap to protect the fragile tube and pictures will be sent to the purchaser of this prior to dispatch so they agree that it is OK with them to send.
    I will take pictures of all stages of the wrapping process to make sure this laser arrives in as good a condition as when it left my house and again the purchaser is to agree before purchase that the whole two laser packages are packed to a good enough standard as they would wish it to be.

Any questions, please ask

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4875.JPG  

IMG_4863.JPG  

IMG_4874.JPG  

IMG_4867.JPG  

IMG_4877.JPG  

IMG_4864.JPG  

IMG_4865.JPG  

IMG_4879.JPG  

IMG_4862.JPG  

IMG_4871.JPG  

IMG_4868.JPG  

IMG_4873.JPG  

IMG_4860.JPG  

IMG_4880.JPG  

IMG_4876.JPG  

IMG_4878.JPG  

IMG_4859.JPG  

IMG_4861.JPG  

IMG_4870.JPG  

IMG_4872.JPG  

IMG_4866.JPG  

IMG_4852.JPG  

IMG_4858.JPG  

IMG_4857.JPG  

IMG_4849.JPG  

IMG_4851.JPG  

IMG_4850.JPG  

IMG_4853.JPG  

IMG_4856.JPG  

IMG_4854.JPG  

IMG_4855.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Price drop to sell at £160.00GBP
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

If only it was more powerful.

I'm now the proud new owner of this beautiful piece of laser history, I bought it off Jim at the recent UKLEM. It's currently sitting on a shelf at the back of my desk where I can gaze in awe at its magnificence every single day.

Sadly, it's not lasing at the moment. However I know there is nothing wrong with it as I have seen it lasing when Jim had it. I know Jim cleaned the OC and since then it hasn't lased due to needing realignment. One day when i'm feeling inclined I may have a fiddle with it, but for now i'm happy with my new paperweight

The engineering is simply beautiful and the glass tube is a work of art.

More info here from Jim's original posts: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Ne-Laser-pic-s

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 09-26-2011 at 10:56.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001