Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Projector Case by Edison (USA version)

Default Projector Case by Edison (USA version)

Edison did a group-buy for projector case almost a year ago, they turned out very well and there was good feedback on the design. I was working on designing my own case but have decided to team up with Edison and use his design. You can find information about the case in the original thread here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...light=groupbuy (Some of the information used in the thread is copied from there)

The original group buy sold the cases for $325 (250 Euro). I will be offering my group buy at $280. Since I am going to be doing 100% of the manufacturing I'm going to try and keep the cost down for everyone.

Shipping is not included in the price. I will get some quotes for shipping to US and Europe in the next few days. Just to note, I will only charge exact shipping on anything, no mark ups on my cost.

All I need to get the groupbuy started is about 3 sold (THE GROUPBUY IS A GO). I will also be ordering some of Stanwax's Breakout boards in the next week if anyone wants to save on shipping and order together with me. They are $55 and info can be found here http://shop.stanwaxlaser.co.uk/ilda-...board-55-p.asp

Some info about the case:

The case is 400mm wide , 300mm deep and 180 mm high
    (15.75") (11.8") (7.09")

It is sold in kit form and must be assembled.
    The baseplate will be cast aluminum plate and anodized black.
    The outer panels will be powder coated matte black (except the corner pieces).

The package that you ordered will contains the following items.

1 base-plate 10mm (.4")
    2 side panels 5mm (.196") with ventilation gaps
    1 front plate 3mm (.118")
    1 back plate with connector holes, ilda port in and out 3mm (.118")
    1 top plate 3mm (.118")
    1 bottom plate for mounting 3 ventilators of 92mm. 3mm
    1 bracket to hang up the projector. 5mm
    4 strips of aluminum to mount the top panel.
    bolts nuts etc to assemble the projector provided.
    WEIGHT : below 10kg

(*edison has posted some pics below*)

I will also be offering a deal for those who want brass flex mounts (for dichros and front surface mirrors). 3 mounts for $35 with the purchase of a case!

"THE LIST"

Mophead
    RayTracer
    Phredy1 x 2
    Massivesound x 2
    joopy 1 (maybe two)
    blowfly
    dnar (Aus shipping)
    Laser_freak
    Daguin
    Drlava
    Rfourt x 2

NOTE: I will most likely enlarge the case a little bit. I have some rather larger homemade laser modules and I want to make sure they will all fit easily in the case. I want this case to be as versatile as possible and be able to fit most laser modules. I'm still waiting to go over the drawings and determine how much bigger I want it.

Projected Completion date is the end of Feb.
    Last edited by MisterWilling; 02-03-2011 at 18:10. Reason: List additions

I offered the drawings to help him and PL members to a good case. I needed barrels to fit in my quad systems and Mr willing offered me to make these in return for the drawings.
    So it will help me, him and others that need a case. I didn,t need one but maybe i will buy one too. Here are some pictures from the case to give an idea what it will look like:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080533.JPG  

P1080514.JPG  

P1080526.JPG  

P1080513.JPG  

P1080339.JPG  

Have you got an idea about shipping one or two pieces to France ?

I'd be in for one for sure.

What is the max clearance for powersupplies and drivers on the bottom side opposite optics?
    leading in trailing technology

The clearance between the bottomplate and the baseplate in the lower section is 8 cm. The clearance in the upper section is 9 cm. The baseplate should be 10mm in thickness.
    Hobbybob has a few of these cases and he is very satisfied with it. Also Ledpaint, blowfly and lorenzo have these cases

What Edison said is right, i have now 3 assembled cases, his first prototype (being 400x280mm) and the later "production" models being 400x300mm.
    What i did is mount the 3 fans on the bottom on the OUTSIDE of the case to save space on the inside (my drivers (especially the kvant and laserwave) were too high to fit the fans on the inside. If you use rubber feet to lift the projector like 4 cm or so you can easily fit the fans on the outside on the bottom.

I am very satisfied, although i am thinking about re-using the parts and make my "main rgb" maybe wider to fit a 445 next to the blue 473 i have.
    So maybe i will modify a case to be 500x300mm.
    But that's future, first i will build a fourth case for my second RGB. I have all the parts ready, now i need TIME !

It's great to see MrWilling stepped in to give the people on the other side of the pond also the opportunity to have a nice case for a reasonable price.

Well done Edison and Mr Willing !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Hi Edison, I am interested in one depending on freight costs to Australia. Can you please advise?
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Hi Edison, I am interested in one depending on freight costs to Australia. Can you please advise?
    I think you better can ask Mr Willing, since he is making this batch of cases.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Any news on the cases availability? I need 2.