Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a couple "wanna be" laser moduls

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I would advise putting the red closest to the scanners since its going to be the weakest color... besides that, looks like your coming right along
    point taken, in this build the order of the colours was dictated by the dichros i had at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    Pot works better (so they say...) but a little expensive.
    i don't think i would be in a fit state to operate anything, after using pot to fill up a largish room with smoke. so, i guess i have to find a smaller room. LOL!!!

@ Carl B: thankd for the tip mate. We'll see how this turns out. i have to confess though that i've got a really good feeling of success
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    i don't think i would be in a fit state to operate anything, after using pot to fill up a largish room with smoke. so, i guess i have to find a smaller room. LOL!!!
    Put it on autopilot and sit back and enjoy the show! Don't forget a few bags of Doritos.

got a chance to change the lenses of my reds tonight. went from aixiz glass, to optima.

results? beam is now half as fat as it used to be, much more visible and 20% more powerfull (from 213 to 258 mw) using the same mounts, diodes, drive current, just changed the lenses. i also took the time to align a bit better, up the blue a bit and enjoy the result. this plexiglass projector is turning out to yield much more than expected

now red is around 250mw, blue is doing 100mw and green is doing, well, pretty much as it wishes. anything between 45 and 65 mw. but it has character!

i am really happy about this and about the optima lenses, too. thanks edison for sending these over. i will make a more in-depth approach concerning the lenses within the weekend (at least i will try to)

and my white looks much much better now (in a couple of pics i used the flash, so it could be considered cheating a bit)

this one is misaligned and upside down and i don't know what else, but i like it!!!

i have a feeling that i have not yet seen the limits of this build and with carefull tweeking i could push some more out of it.

Great that you have recieved them. If you can post a beamshot from the red that would be great.

If you can measure the raw output from the diode and then with the optima lenses just to see what the losses are

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Great that you have recieved them. If you can post a beamshot from the red that would be great.

If you can measure the raw output from the diode and then with the optima lenses just to see what the losses are
    i plan to do all these over the weekend, as i want to spent more time experimenting. after this i'll post it all at solarfire's thread. in general, i expected a great lens, and it lived up to expectations. more than happy with it Johan

all i can say for now is this...

before...

after... (changed only the lenses)

beam bouncing off the same MM1 (optima to the left, aixiz to the right)

Hehe almost 40mw. that,s 20% Nice to see you have such good results. Just to be clear i,m not selling more of these lenses because i,m not planning on selling parts. Doing a groupbuy and help a few hobbyist is fine but to sell lenses with the groupbuy will take a use cut out of my stock and i need them for my own use.

So who is going to contact Optima and organise a groupbuy