Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I almost feel bad posting this.

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Default I almost feel bad posting this.

Hope this guys got some goggles.. the idiot.

http://hackaday.com/2011/03/10/youll...-pulse-pistol/

W.T.F.!!!
    I higly hope he shoots directly on his c**k

That gun is a real weapon!

This is a perfect example about how many stupid a man can be...
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

I was kinda like 'yadda yadda' then noticed the capital M.......

Mind you, it does seem to only work at the focal point, so how much harm can it be!

"Oi you!! I'm gonna shoot you!"

"Forward a bit please...."

"Bit more...."

"Oops, too far, back a shuffle..."

"Ok, now hold it there for a minute while this baby charges!!"
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I think its freeking awesome.
    I want one, i love it!!!
    I seriously looooovvvee it.
    No more scifi, but the real deal!
    Really awesome

Wonder what captain kirk sould say about that!
    To bad someone else got it though
    Its to expensive for me now to let him make me one
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    the idiot.
    Let's see your homemade flash pumped solid state lasers. The guy is far from an idiot.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the laser is a (slightly) modified SSY rangefinder that he put in a nice case. if i remember correctly, he's using a different flash lamp.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nd-YAG-LASER-HEA...ht_1070wt_1141

i haven't seen the inside, but externally, his craftsmanship looks nice.

there are a lot of projects based around that little laser head, my favorite is this one:

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

While I don't really agree with him offering to make them for other people, it is pretty cool!

There's a thread about it on LPF, if anyone's interested in walking to the cesspit and seeing it for yourselves.

And you wonder why people call it a stupid forum. AnselmoFanZero, the builder of that turd, posted it up. Oh, and if it helps, he even admits it's a toy in the LPF thread.

Someone questioned his peak power calculation, because it was blatantly wrong. People then started bashing the member who questioned him, even though it was clearly evident that said member knew more than just about everyone in the thread combined save for the fellow named Cyparagon.

It's stupid. These people don't even understand the concept of peak and average power, let alone the concept of pulse width. The argument continues to devolve, ending up in 'prove that I didn't get 1MW out of it', as well as 'I spot welded with it and the lamp didn't blow up so it must be 1MW'.

The crapshoot starts here, if anyone is interested. http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/1-...tml#post869857

Now, so we have someone who shoves a SSY-1, using a less-than-optimal PFN, in a host that is a toy. This person does not understand the danger of this device beyond 'wear goggles'.

It's a Class IV Q-switched laser device, dressed up in a toy pistol. NO safety features. It's presented as a goddamn TOY.

You thought the Arctic was dangerous and just downright stupid? Think again. At least the Arctic had some form of safety lockout (the SmartSwitch).

Someday someone is going to get hurt by this (and I kid you not, he is intending to make more), because they don't understand the concept of peak power and the sheer power that is present in the nanosecond pulse.

I tried explaining to them why it was so damn dangerous, and why you would have to go beyond just goggles, and make sure your environment, as well as others, are adequately protected. Even if it isn't 1MW, you don't have a margin of error. All it takes is one slip-up, one mistake, one wrong button pressed, one wrong surface in the way.

Stupidity is permanent, so is eye injury. Ignorance can be cured if one's ego isn't in the way. 'I guessed the power' followed by 'prove that it isn't 1MW' is NOT the way to go.

@300EVIL, if he did build the system from scratch, we'd have a slight sliver of respect for him.

He doesn't even understand the basic concepts of pulse peak power, and pulse duration.
    Last edited by goninanbl00d; 04-08-2013 at 08:36.

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Let's see your homemade flash pumped solid state lasers. The guy is far from an idiot.
    I didn't mean "the idiot" in that particular way I'm certainly not up for building something like this from scratch!

Calm Laser brother calm.

No disrespect was intended by this post, but something disturbs me when people post material such as this on the net, I'm not sure what thier motivation is; hopefully purely scientific..

I hope the chap has bought himself some goggles, and does aim it at living creatures.

But then to be honest the whole idea of putting something like this into a "pistol" shaped host, and then releasing videos of it bursting baloons and blowing holes through razor blades scares me and only adds to the already bad impression of Lasers the public and governement have.

I just don't want to see what is otherwise a interesting bit of kit, give forth to even more bad news for the Laserist community at large.

Cheers!

Nige.
    Last edited by gashead; 03-10-2011 at 23:12.

Yeah i hope he does sell it to guys like me, not just the "highest" bidder.

And the outside looks like a toy because all kidtoyshops sell scifi looking guns because kids like scifi.
    The real Scifi looking guns havE to come someday. But i guess he indeed could have printed some text on it and a warning sticker.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!