Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attn : Dsli Jon

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Angry Attn : Dsli Jon

Hey Jon ,

I see you have had lots of time
    over recent months chatting away
    on lexicon-
    Then I noticed you have had time to
    run a flem meet as well-
    Glad everyone had fun-

So, do have any plans on sending
    me the replacement piece of equipment
    I jumped through hoops to fedex
    your client last year-

Or should I just stick to the excuses
    that to have no time to take care of
    it anytime soon?

Or I guess I'll consider myself screwed
    and refrain from any buisness dealings
    with you in the future-

Clan
    go big or go home

Exclamation

Sorry for the delayed-reply; spent yesterday and all last-nite in the ER... no 'violins', just the facts...

Couple quick clarifications:

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    how about sending me the piece
    of equipment I bought from you
    about a year ago-
    You received both controllers on/about 6/5/10; (for reference:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLS_KTPCntrlr_v3.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	24293 (2 of these, identical..) and shutter / interlock-kit Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLS_LS40_BShut Kit.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	307.6 KB 
ID:	24294 all in Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pak.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	248.5 KB 
ID:	24296 and Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filters.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	278.2 KB 
ID:	24295 (sent separately...)

...when I wrote you, to ask how they were working-out, you had 'installed them but not yet actually used them', as-of ~9/12 - I was in a pinch on another deadline, and asked if I could 'buy it back' on a temporary-basis; You agreed - graciously - to simply send it, which you did - graciously - and I had $100. sent to you for FedEx / your troubles; Then I sent, in early Oct. a fully-functional 'surrogate', because I was yet-again, backed-up.. (I run two Companies, you-see..) which, while not as 'sexy', left you at least fully 'covered', operationally...

..and *this* is the very-next communication I get from you on this??? Is your phone or email broken?? I'm not making light of my failure to get the other replacement one finished-up and out to you, but if that was creating a PROBLEM for you - all ya gotta do is TELL ME, and I could have perhaps found a way to work quadruple-OT to get it out. "I shouldn't have-to", you might-say? Very well, point-taken - but again - If I don't KNOW there's a 'fire', I can't very-well work to put it out, Paul...

Well seems you have plenty of time
    to chat here, but not enough time
    to send my replacement-
    You might miss the fact that most posts I make are during 'downtime' when I simply can't do much of anything else - waiting in an airport for a flight, out of the country on a service-call, etc or at 3-4 am when I'm blitzed after the day - and usually, my posts are simply to be helpful to others / PM someone on something... I don't spend all *that* much time 'yick-yacking', ok?

I've been patient and reasonable- Now I'm pissed and I'll just assume you fucked me on this-
    You indeed, have been patient and reasonable - so why the sudden totally-incorrect assumption - with ZERO comms since October 26th, to indicate this was becoming a problem for you??

Then I noticed you have had time to
    run a flem meet as well-
    Glad everyone had fun-
    Yeah, I guess I really blew it on that - should never have done that for the community, still owing you your box...

So, do have any plans on sending
    me the replacement piece of equipment
    I jumped through hoops to fedex
    your client last year-

Or should I just stick to the excuses
    that to have no time to take care of
    it anytime soon?

Or I guess I'll consider myself screwed
    and refrain from any buisness dealings
    with you in the future-
    Well, Paul, with the way you've chosen to handle this, here - vs, say EMAILing me and saying - 'Hey, I *really* need this done / to-me, this 'surrogate' is not good-enough for my needs, etc, etc' if you choose to think I've screwed you, well that's your choice. I guess that will save me time in going the extra-mile for you in giving quite a few hours of extra / free advice / conversion-instructions / detailed install-pix and other tips on collimation, etc, as I gave to you on this project, in the future, so once you get your replacement controller, maybe losing each others' number will work out well for both of us.

Between now and next Tues, when I leave for NY, I have to do 2 FAA filings, build the base to a custom 20 min show + soundtrack, finish logistics on a 15 day show next Mo., send my visiting parents-off, and go downtown LA to scout a location for doing Laserium shows. If I can work-in the build (which takes approx 25-30 hrs) I will get it done for you and bring it to FL (that was my plan, btw, but this week was hell...) If I cannot (or fall-back to puking non-stop again) then I will make sure it gets done the week I return from NY, beginning 4/11, will that work for you?

Lemme know, Thx...
    J

PS - For future reference, email / a phone call would have worked, just fine.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Jon,

Seems much simpler to me on
    handling buisness first then playing-

I did recieve the original equipment
    as ordered and I paid in full-

then you had a problem-
    you needed one back. I don't
    recall the offer to buy it back,
    it seemed to be a " I'll replace it
    type of deal " none the less-

I recall being at a show site in
    Jacksonville that weekend you
    needed it, I remember that because
    I happened to be talking to Adam b
    at the time-

I really didn't in any way have the
    time to go back and dismantle
    the item and then fedex out asap-
    I really didn't have the time-
    buy I have emails send from you to
    me reaptedly begging for it to be done

so at considerable hassle and bad timeing
    I did it anyway to help you out-

then, it becomes an issue as to when
    I need a replacement-
    WTF -
    does it matter?
    If it was me, my first priority was
    to get another one out asap-

I didn't drag my feet when I sent
    full payment to buy them-

so here I am comming into April,
    and I still don't have what I purchased

your temp surrogate device while
    workable , isn't exactly what I paid
    for,
    point is I bailed you-
    but I sit here and watch your other
    activities , as a slap to my face

let me reference another recent post
    of yours- back in a sec
    go big or go home

Default re

Im blown away at your attempt to somehow make this my fault-

yes, i have been very reasonable-

i dont need to keep calling you have you ask me "when do i really need it"
    because all this time later its irrelivant

as far as all this free extras your talking about- advice etc

one, like you , i talk to people from this forum on the phone all the time-
    never once did i consider it a chargeable item

two, seems to me most items i buy, especially for a custom app, include
    some type of installation instructions-
    i guess those of us who manufacture things should start charging for
    the user manual

dr lava, let me know where i should send payment for the manual that came with the drivers-

so , if it was me, the correct response to this thread would have been-

" your right, i dropped the ball, im sorry ill send it out"

not some windbagged attempt with illustrations to say otherwise-

months and months later, i think what really made me blow my topp was this
    quote from you to another member in the socallem thread-

i'll leaved you with this-

heres the quote from dsli jon

...Other than that, Sorry to 'pants-you in front of the class', but I guess I come from the 'old skool', where, when you give your word - especially if you make an offer - you follow-thru...or, at *least* make an effort to communicate / say 'Hey, sorry, man, no-can-do, such-and-so happened, etc' - ya know, that 'courtesy / friendship-thang'... but, silly-me, what am I thinking, this is 2011, right?
    go big or go home

loosing each others number will work out well for us ??

interesting, given the facts , i hope everyone reading this will digest that comment

you had no problem calling and emailing me heavily within a 24 hour period to return one of
    those boxes to you/your client to save your ass

driving 180 miles back to orlando in the middle of the night, while
    a show in production, then driving 180 back to the show site-
    oh while overnighting the box too boot?

i didnt send you a bill for that did i?

you pretty much said it all with that-

i will pm you my office address
    i'll update this post when the replacement is recieved
    go big or go home

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Jon, Clan,

"Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they shall be shot at by both sides"
    A.M. Greeley

I'm setting here waiting on interviews, I have a decent lab, and I build decent gear. With the exception of Sundays, and some times even then, there is nothing I cannot get partwise, within 24 hours. Jon, if you will send me a schematic I can bang out two units for Clan. If that is acceptable to Clan?

Steve

Exclamation

I'm going to go ahead and butt in a little just to say, mostly for the random reader browsing this thread, that John is a stand-up character and I highly doubt he decided to just put off his 'end' of this deal.

He's *is* a very busy guy and definitely, like myself, has a habit of putting too many irons in the fire, so to speak. I really haven't met anyone that is as continuously swamped with multiple projects/responsibilities as this guy.

It does seem like there was a breakdown of communication somewhere in there, but I'm sure this will be resolved soon.

In closing, there are few people I've ever run into that have an attention to detail and drive to preserve what we have going in the 'laser biz' as John.

/My .02

- Jonathan

Default Really??

Isn't this a little rediculous, Paul, when as I said:

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    I'm not making light of my failure to get the other replacement one finished-up and out to you, but if that was creating a PROBLEM for you - all ya gotta do is TELL ME, and I could have perhaps found a way to work quadruple-OT to get it out. "I shouldn't have-to", you say? Very well, point-taken - but again - If I don't KNOW there's a 'fire', I can't very-well work to put it out,
    You couldn't have handled this with a simple email or phone call???

I don't recall the offer to buy it back, it seemed to be a " I'll replace it type of deal " none the less-
    Sorry you don't recall that, but that's what you said to me on the phone. I offered, you said, 'no, I'll just let you take it, you cover shipping' - which I acknowledged was gracious of you, but in was in no-way forced - I offered to buy it back. If you're gonna 'haul me out on the mat' for this, then at least we're gonna have the facts-straight.

I really didn't in any way have the time to go back and dismantle the item and then fedex out asap- I really didn't have the time-buy I have emails send from you to me reaptedly begging for it to be done so at considerable hassle and bad timeing I did it anyway to help you out-...

driving 180 miles back to orlando in the middle of the night, while a show in production, then driving 180 back to the show site-oh while overnighting the box too boot?
    I thought you said your Tech back in the shop was the one that went in the next-day and got it / shipped it out, cause you were already on the road?

then, it becomes an issue as to when I need a replacement- WTF - does it matter? If it was me, my first priority was to get another one out asap-

so here I am comming into April, and I still don't have what I purchased

your temp surrogate device while workable , isn't exactly what I paid for, point is I bailed you- but I sit here and watch your other activities , as a slap to my face
    Like I said: If I can work-in the build between now and Tues am (which takes approx 25-30 hrs) I will get it done for you and bring it to FL. If I cannot (or fall-back to puking non-stop again) then I will make sure it gets done the week I return from NY, beginning 4/11, will that work for you?

Im blown away at your attempt to somehow make this my fault- so , if it was me, the correct response to this thread would have been-

" your right, i dropped the ball, im sorry ill send it out"
    ???? No, Paul - like I said - If you had simply emailed me and said 'Hey, wtf??' I'm sure that would have been the *exact* response... but it was your choice to drag this out nto the mat, here, so here we are... Sorry, but I feel the need to respond when the facts aren't straight - Never once said I don't owe it to you / do not own-the failure, here, ok??

as far as all this free extras your talking about- advice etc

one, like you , i talk to people from this forum on the phone all the time-
    never once did i consider it a chargeable item

two, seems to me most items i buy, especially for a custom app, include
    some type of installation instructions-
    As I explained to you, those controllers are usually not simply 'sold' - they are *installed* because of the considerable system-prep - it's more like an *integration*. So, there *isn't* an install manual, because most of the Clients that buy them, aren't capable to do the mods on their own to the system, itself, before installation - I made that manual *specifically* for you / tailored to your systems, and was NOT saying you should have been charged - point is, I gave you considerable time / KTP advice, aside from that custom-manual, at no charge... You might have taken this into account before 'assuming that I've screwed you' with no attempts to communicate your feelings -

months and months later, i think what really made me blow my topp was this quote from you to another member in the socallem thread-
    Here's the important-part, you might have missed:

or, at *least* make an effort to communicate / say 'Hey, sorry, man, no-can-do, such-and-so happened, etc' -

...that situation was someone giving his word to deliver something, then NOT delivering ANYTHING (NOT something I did to you...) then not communicating AT ALL. Have I ignored your communications, Paul?

loosing each others number will work out well for us ??

interesting, given the facts , i hope everyone reading this will digest that comment
    Well, if you wanna simply accuse me and 'consider yourself screwed and refrain from future business dealings with me in the future', frankly, with the way you've handled this here (vs a simple email or call), yeah, for a $350. hand-built item (the rest of the $$ is parts-cost) that takes about 25-30 hrs to make, I think I'd almost-sooner refund your money and let you go shop elsewhere, sorry to put it that way. Was it *really necessary* to do this, here, on PL?? I'm not ashamed for others to see my failure, here, but this is really a waste of time... And sorry, I have to answer your attacks on my character, I'm sure you'd do the same....

So, Officially: I'm very sorry I've dropped the ball on you - Totally my fault for not realizing the delay was causing a problem - Here are the Options I can offer you:

1. I refund your money - and you can KEEP the 'surrogate' for the troubles - makes a great 'emergency back-up', anyway...

2. I send you all the parts and circuit diagram, and $350. and you can build it...

3. I try and fit the 25-30 hr-build into the next 72, with all-else I have to do, just to put put this fire for you...

4. I finish and deliver the week-of 4/11, pending any 'disasters' (ie: I'm dead, etc) unit will NOT SHIP ON 4/11, to be clear...

Lemme know....
    J

PS -

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Jon, if you will send me a schematic I can bang out two units for Clan.
    Thanks, Steve, parts are all here, and he is only 'due' one controller to replace the 'surrogate' he has for the second unit... But I've gotta do it, otherwise, if it does not match perfectly the first, he then takes-exception with DSLI, 'subbing it out', albeit, not to China... If he decides he wants a refund, I'll send you the parts-plans and you can mill it out / build it and get whatever gain there is in 25-30 hrs of hand-work...

thx
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Default Re

Love the spin job on this I'll tell
    ya,

so, I'm waiting patiently for the
    box to complete this deal-

and it's my fault Jon is just too
    busy to make good on it-

hmmmm, personally, I don't go
    out and take in more than I can
    handle buisness wise when I
    already have a full plate ,
    especially when it would screw
    existing clients- why would my time
    or mismangement be the fault
    of my clients.
    Buy I guess being a stand up
    guy in 2011 means telling existing
    clients who are waiting on something
    to just loose my number-

Jon , you call out people all the
    time, what's the problem asking
    for my item?

Maybe you'll actually finish it up
    now

I pm'ed you my address, send it-

this isn't something 30, 60 , or 180
    days past due-

I'm amazed at the excuses, what
    facts are you trying to clear-

???

We had a transaction- fine
    then I helped you out- ok
    then five months later I'm still
    without- ??
    But it's my fault for asking??

I see all the missed calls from you
    which never appeared on my caller
    ID must have been from Jon the
    responsible business man thanking
    me for my paitence and advising
    me of a delievery date before the end
    of the myian calendar-

when I read your posts it reminds
    me a situation between a couple of
    guys I know -

it goes like this-

one guy buys a ford expedition,
    but it's a little striped down option
    wise- what he could afford at the time
    -
    he needs new tires etc

other friend , says hey, I have a spare
    set of custom wheels for it- I'll give
    you a deal, help you out
    200.00 for the wheels-
    great no problem

fast foreward one year -

the guy who bought the wheels
    has since tricked out the vehicle
    more, 2000.00 sound system etc-
    bought a new bass boat, on and
    on-

Well the guy who hooked him up on
    the wheels says how about my 200
    for the rims -

get this now,

they guy who owes the 200 throws
    a fit - and then says "well if you
    really need it then I"ll give it to
    you

WTF - doesent matter if he needs
    it or not- do the right thing and make
    good on the deal-

same thing for me here -

make good on it end of story -

if some people here want to buy
    into some alternate reality of the
    situation, or say poor poor Jon
    well?

For the life of me these big explainations
    your offering dosent change anything-

your in LA, take those talents to
    window dress to a
    local media outlet.
    Get on TV and be a
    spin doctor in politics.
    The public is quite gullible
    they buy it as usual-

really, if it was me, I would have
    long since got this thing out-
    or, would have responded with a
    simple " your right, I'll get it out"

not detailed price lists , free advise
    bs , pictures, and la de da

yes. You have time to arrange and
    throw parties, you have time to
    handle past buisness-
    after all this time, pretty much
    pushed mr beyond resonable

I don't know why this is do complicated
    or why anyone make excuses

clan
    go big or go home

Jon,
    i understand you may not
    have the time.
    5 months has been alot to ask
    and I'm sure that there are many
    more parties to attend-

Ill make it easy. Just refund
    the money to my paypal and
    we are all set.
    Ill send the temp widget back
    no problem