Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tiny projector build

Default Re: Tiny projector build

Yep, the green is wrapped in kapton tape too. In retrospect, I could have put it on a TEC without really taking up any extra space in the optics section - next time!

Default Sharp looking build / pointer with driver module

Very nice work, your mounts for the optics are very clever !

Can you educate me if the laser pointer setup is suitable for blanking. Looks like you are using the driver module that came with the pointer (see attached picture). In other words, is the driver board that comes with the pointer quick enough to turn the laser on/off for scanning or would the laser diode need to be driven directly ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pointer with its own driver board.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	24428 This might be a dumb question but it is not obvious from the reading I've done... Also not sure if you are doing blanking on this projector but I'm guessing you are due to the homebuilt perf board that looks like it could be an RGB driver for the LDs?

Your project really has provided motivation, thank you!

Jason

Originally, I left the driver that came with the green module attached, and drove it with the output of my driver. This worked surprisingly well. The built-in module is just a fixed CCS, so by running it from the output of another CCS it was basically being kept in a constant state of dropout. In this case, the limiting factor for modulation performance was the shitty DPSS itself, not the drive of the pump diode, but it's still better to remove it. I replaced it with a modified LaserBug. The pinout on IR diodes is like that for LOC reds, but the other way around, so I desoldered the LASORB from the LaserBug and flipped it around. You can see how it is now in the second and third photos.

The perfboard is three analog-modulated CCSes and a buck converter, yes.

really nice build... I am always jealous of the microprojector builds so portable!

you could save space by making an external PSU... just put a multi-pin connector like an XLR or something

OR you could find a 48v power brick and then use a rail splitter inside the projector (going to be a lot smaller than a DC-DC converter)

Sweet.
    Yeah, I too was looking at those pointer type greenie oem modules. Thinking of putting 4 of 'em (knife-edging+pbs /something) @ 150mW ea to make 600mW of green to match the great higher 445 blue power that is now available to us (in a compact size).
    Nice build ya got there.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbsup.gif 
Views:	118 
Size:	139 Bytes 
ID:	24476

ps- another point made on this thread is the external PS that I'm going with. No switcher 4 me, just a big 12V tranformer (10A) , bridge rect and caps in a portable separate box with a handle (Sturdy.) The regulator chips (LM338/etc) may be in the projector cabinet, haven't decided that far in advance yet

very nice work!
    I should learn more about the laser projector!
    Professional manufacuter for high quality diode-pumped solid-stated laser. www.lasever.com,

Hi Jolie.
    Do you have a 532nm oem unit like this designed for continuous use (non-off-on duty cycle)?
    400mW solid green laser module/adjustable/IR filtered

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Hi Jolie.
    Do you have a 532nm oem unit like this designed for continuous use (non-off-on duty cycle)?
    400mW solid green laser module/adjustable/IR filtered

Dear Steve,

Please look at the follow picture of our module. The optics in the small box is the infrared filter and collimatior lens.

Name:	handheld module.png 
Views:	394 
Size:	727.9 KB 
ID:	24499
    Professional manufacuter for high quality diode-pumped solid-stated laser. www.lasever.com,

Quote Originally Posted by Jolie View Post
    Dear Steve,

Please look at the follow picture of our module. The optics in the small box is the infrared filter and collimatior lens.

Name:	handheld module.png 
Views:	394 
Size:	727.9 KB 
ID:	24499
    Hi Jolie,

I can't see this module on your website. Can you provide the specifications please?

Is it analogue modulation
    What is the power
    What are the dimensions
    What are the power requirements
    What are the pricing options

Thanks,
    Tony

Thank you for the response, Jolie.

That is a very attractive module.
    Can you provide us with some additional information please?
    Such as:
    Beam specifications: diameter and divergence,
    Power output,
    Pricing,
    Operating temperature,
    Transverse mode characteristics,
    Voltage and current requirements,
    and warranty information.

Thank you very much,

Steve