Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM V in Newton, NC August 19-21; Need input (and volunteers) now!

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    HMMM.... Maybe you shouldn't have been sitting there.... Sound familiar?
    no? but then again I have the memory of a goldfish

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I could mistaken, but I'm under the impression that the ILDA Conference is to be held in Moscow this year, instead of a cruise.

Here's a link: http://www.laserist.org/c2011-overview.htm

- Jonathan
    ya and from what I hear its going to be pretty pricey... not including the pricey plane tickets

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    no? but then again I have the memory of a goldfish
    That might explain why you think I hit you in the face with >3W of 532.

- J

EEEEK!
    don't they know about the hole in many hands when it comes to lasers?

That might explain why you think I hit you in the face with >3W of 532.

- J
    I do recall adams "HEY!!!" lol

and ya come to think of it you had to have a shutter if you weren't modulating that MG

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I do recall adams "HEY!!!" lol

and ya come to think of it you had to have a shutter if you weren't modulating that MG
    Good times.

Good times.
    lol indeed... I am curious to see where your going to wedge a blue in that box... IIRC it was pretty tight in there

Well... I was going to volunteer for the network, but if Frank has it covered then perhaps I can just offer support.

I had a couple ideas in mind though:
    • I was going to get a few switches and have it so we don't really need long cables except for uplinks. My assumption is that 10 or so ports at each scaffolding (if it's happening this year) along with a couple other ones for the tables... all feeding back to the main source that will link us all to the internet. Wireless can be provided through a router.
    • I will have access to at least one wireless IP camera that I can bring with me... this can be used to stream to the internet live without any need for laptop or anything... just power it up and you're good to go.

What say you?
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

At your service to back up Mop(Doug) on the BBQ(even if he can only cook the pork and deliver it) & will add to the meat this year if that is doable. (A small charcoal grill on site this time?)

To-Go food is expensive and takes away from time better spent at the venue. I have ideas to discuss on chow for one of the other days(like lasagna or spaghetti/salad and garlic bread-EZ) A build-your-own taco bar is another easy to do meal.

I hope to come early and stay late-sleep at a later date for sure.

I will have my RGB projector done and a massive 5-7 wheel RRGGBBrBr& magenta lumina projector too.
    Hope to carpool with others from central Texas and I have a small(4X8) utility trailer to haul equipment and baggage. Gas split 4 ways should be affordable.

TY Adam-yer da man!!
    CYA'LL there---Len

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    Well... I was going to volunteer for the network, but if Frank has it covered then perhaps I can just offer support.

I had a couple ideas in mind though:
    • I was going to get a few switches and have it so we don't really need long cables except for uplinks. My assumption is that 10 or so ports at each scaffolding (if it's happening this year) along with a couple other ones for the tables... all feeding back to the main source that will link us all to the internet. Wireless can be provided through a router.
    • I will have access to at least one wireless IP camera that I can bring with me... this can be used to stream to the internet live without any need for laptop or anything... just power it up and you're good to go.

What say you?
    I don't think there will be many ethernet ports needed @ the projectors... not many people have .NET boxes IIRC

mostly its about having switches at each table so we can just run one link between tables

as far as wireless I figure one AP in the auditorium should be fine, then we also need a bridge or something to go back to the DSL modem up at the front of the building

whole thing should actually be pretty painless