Nichia NDB7875 1.6W 445nm 9mm Laser Diode
    3.5W NDB7A75 445nm Laser Diode
    Osram PLTB450 1.4W 450nm Laser Diode
    Osram 1.6W PLTB450B 450nm Laser Diode
    Nichia NDB7678 1.4W 462nm Laser Diode
    Osram PL520 50mW 520nm Laser Diode
    Osram PLP520-B1 520nm Green Laser Diode
    Nichia NDG7475 1W 520nm Laser Diode
    Opnext 120mW Single Mode 638 Diodes (HL63603TG)
    Oclaro 170mW 635nm Single Mode Laser Diode (HL63133DG)
    Mitsubishi 300mW 638nm Diodes (ML520G71)
    Mitsubishi 500mW 638nm Diodes (ML501P73)
    Oclaro 700mW 638nm Diode (HL63193MG)

Teardowns
    LX60ST
    ZX210ST
    PT-RW330U
    PRO9000
    K750

Click Here To Go To My Shop

Shipping

Free Shipping US
    International buyers
    First Class "Not Tracked" $6
    Express 5-7 day mail tracked with delivery confirmation $36.

*Disclamer*

By purchasing these diodes you are agreeing to the following.
    - You are over 18 years of age .

- You understand that these components that are mentioned above are dangerous when not properly assembled into a finished product.

- You will use these as components and properly incorporate them into a finished product.

- You will use these diodes/modules in a safe and responsible manner and for a legal purpose.

- You are legally responsible for the use of these components, improper use of these components or their end products.

- You are legally responsible for any injury to anybody resulting from the use of or assembly of these components or their finished products.

- You Accept this diode/module as a COMPONENT for integration in a system of YOUR OWN design and will be legally responsible from any and all LIABILITIES These Diodes and Modules are sold solely as a component for incorporation into the customer's end products. Therefore, this diode/module is exempt from compliance with the appropriate requirements of FDA 21CFR, section 1040.10 and 1040.11 for complete products.
    Last edited by DTR; 08-26-2014 at 15:19. Reason: Updating

Default DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

Cool

What is the exact size of the module and what size optics will it take ?
    (I assume it comes with no lens or not very good lens, is this correct?
    Do you supply with a proper invoice ?

Cheers

2W M140 445nm Laser Diode

Here is a quick power test on the M140 using a G-2 glass lens.

Last edited by DTR; 04-19-2014 at 20:39.

Default Experience with DTR

I have had many transactions with DTR and have never been let down. I can see him building his own RGB as he has skillz. And is always helping others.

hak

Nichia NDB7875 9mm 445nm Laser Diode

Here is a quick power test on this diode with a G-2 Lens

Last edited by DTR; 04-19-2014 at 20:57.

I also have purchased from DTR (dozens of 445s). Good workmanship and fast turn around.

^^^Thanks for the words.

M4007 your module went out today.

Solarfire your diodes went out Monday. Sorry I would have posted sooner but there was a problem being able to log in due to an error.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Solarfire your diodes went out Monday. Sorry I would have posted sooner but there was a problem being able to log in due to an error.
    No problem.

Thanks!

andyf97 your diodes went out today. Sent tracking to your email.

taggalucci Your diodes are on the way.

DTR,
    Unlike the builders at LPF who are disassembling the module to incorporate it into flashlights, I'm interested in using one or two of these complete modules illuminate a mirror ball in a large dance hall. There are a lot of wires exiting the board what exactly is the drive set up? Is the associated board the driver and so we can "safely" use a lab style PS to supply the current(as in your pics)? If running continuously what is a reasonable max amp supply with the associated fined HS; what if we add a fan? With the included lens can you estimate a beam spread, as in 10 foot throw/ x foot wide?
    Thanks

With a heatsink like in the video and a fan you should be able to maintain about 1A-1.2A continuous no issues. If you add active cooling/TEC you may be able to bump that to about 1.5A.

Here is a video I did for 1A with an Aixiz glass lens for 5 minutes in my finned heatsink and one of the micro fans I have. With a single element lens like the G-2 that would bump it a little more than 200mW at the expense of divergence. This is very similar to how they run in the projector but with about 100mA more but just one diode in the heatsink and the fan.

Divergence will depend on the lens you go with.

Here is the dot/bar @ 35 feet with a few lenses using a AAA sized battery for scale.

Three element 405-445 glass lens.

405-445 O-Like lens

Single element G-1/G-2

Just noticed the "Mitisubishi 300mW 635 Diodes In Module W/Leads" on your o.p. Are you going to add the price and beamspecs later (assuming this is a new(er) item, right?

Yes they are $69 and can be purchased directly from my site.
    https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home

These do have a very large emitter but there has been some testing using prisms to correct the beam.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/he...tml#post966604

Here is the data sheet.
    http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/se...0g71_p1251.pdf

A 300mW for $ 70.00 @ 638 ....and looks like a 500mW coming out for $ 120.00 ????????? Can optics tame this Mitsubishi ML520G71. ??? If they can ????? At this line...one would not need to combine so many...Four of these at 500mw..two @ 445...throw in some green ???? Thinking !!!!!!!

CDBEAM
    The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    A 300mW for $ 70.00 @ 638 ....and looks like a 500mW coming out for $ 120.00 ????????? Can optics tame this Mitsubishi ML520G71. ??? If they can ????? At this line...one would not need to combine so many...Four of these at 500mw..two @ 445...throw in some green ???? Thinking !!!!!!!

CDBEAM

Sure hope we can tame them. I have built two of the 300mW diode so far and both are about 340mW @ 450mA with a G-2 lens. We did a murder fund and I send two off to a member that has a spectrometer to do some max current vs. wavelength torture testing. Hoping they can be over driven to 400-500mW without issue. They produce almost no heat. He has already done a little testing on one and says they are like the 445 where they shut down at a certain point instead of blowing which is awesome. That means they are really tough. He has not put up the graphs yet. More info to come.
    Last edited by DTR; 09-21-2011 at 21:07.

NO HEAT !!! Great.....All the current goes to pumping out photons in lockstep....to the Coxswain of 635 nanometers !!! If we can just get'em down to 1.0 mRad divergence....it'll be an early Christmas. PLEASE keep us posted !!! A GB to DTW is what I vote for......IF all goes good !!!!!
    Thanx...
    CDBEAM

Yikes....now I am reading about a 2um x 40um emitter size....???? Beamshows...yes ?? Graphics ????????
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 09-23-2011 at 16:55.
    The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!!

Yep I was very impressed with the efficiency as well and with the prism details Cyparagon posted over @ LPF he was able to get it to 0.9mRad. He also reported they don't seem to wavelength shift as much as most reds and playing with one tonight I noticed that they do get a considerable increase when you cool them. Will post some info on that tomorrow.

Anyway I have 2 in stock and 10 more here tomorrow if anyone does not want wait for them to be shipped from China. I also include them in an Aixiz module with leads or just the bare diode(by request) for the same price as the China eBay sellers. Check out by clicking on the screenshot of my web store in the OP.

Also anybody know why when I do an advanced edit on the OP and try to change the title of the thread it does not work? When I go back and try again it shows it saved it but the thread title remains the same.
    Last edited by DTR; 09-21-2011 at 22:26.

This is very cool. However, I doubt with 100u emitter and .9mrad divergence that the output beam will fit on small scanner mirrors. I don't think that they are concerned with scanners on the pointer forums. Personally I don't object to large slower galvo mirrors but it seems that the high-end lasershow people do .
    Did they say how big the beam was at the aperture? (I may be wrong about the emitter size.. I certainly hope ;]

That is what we are trying to figure out with the testing. Cyparagon the one doing the testing and a lot of the members in that thread are interested in being able to incorporate these into scanners/projectors. There are a lot of people over there that are interested in more than just pointers but I know how some here feel about over there. I myself am planning on building a nice projector but I still have a lot of learning to do before I get my project mapped out.

In the end if these can be driven to 400-500mW and you end up having to say cut 50%(25%--25%) of the beam off then use some form of correction to get the rest of the beam to a usable divergence it could still be well worth it and since the projection industry is driving most of the development of these new lights sources I think it is certainly worth the effort to find ways to make these useful to us.

Thanks for all this Jordan-I told you long ago that you will be doing your own projector someday son- cant wait to see how you will use your great skillz .

DTR,
    Sorry about not being clear in my earlier post asking about "these modules". I was actually interested in the LED modules that you extract from the TV projectors. Lots of non coherent light to illuminate a dance floor is the goal.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    DTR,
    Sorry about not being clear in my earlier post asking about "these modules". I was actually interested in the LED modules that you extract from the TV projectors. Lots of non coherent light to illuminate a dance floor is the goal.
    Thanks
    No problem.

Alright guys check the thread for the full rundown.
    It starts on this post.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/he...tml#post970935

Here are the cliff notes.

First I tried it @ 600mA and got about 530mW with a G-2 lens.

Next I went up to 750mA and got 700mW.

Then I took some beamshots

While I was sitting there taking the pictures I thought damn that looks as bright as my 445's so I checked the current. 1.5A.

So I said what the hell.

Ok so 1.6A did not LED it I wonder what it is putting out there.

Next I ran it for 7 minutes @ 1.5A and it has not killed it.

Now none of this tells us for sure where you should be running these diodes but it does say they are tough as hell.

The G-2 is what I tested with. Some have said the 650-G-1 would have even a little more power transmission. The quantity of 635's is down to only one so you may want to grab it quick.(No Pressure) It won't let you order after it goes to zero until I change the button to a pre-order for the next batch that should be here by Thursday next week.

Here are the different lenses I tested with.
    405-G-2

O-Like 405-445 Glass

AR coated acrylic for RED

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DTR; 05-03-2014 at 12:24.

so, all we need to know now is a bit about beam characteristics and a form of correction and we can forget about LPCs, opnext, NECSEL etc etc

Can a readily available solution from the 445 camp do the trick? Cylinders maybe? (i dare not speak of a FAC lens, as the answeers given to me last time by two very kind and knowledgable gentlemen made my mind flip... http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-lens-question )
    "its called character briggs..."