Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

Cool :]

Where did George go? (n/m) ..

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Cool :]

Where did George go? (n/m) ..
    He went home.

Check this out. I was driving one of the 9mm 445's @ 2.25A and got a peak over 3W.
    Last edited by DTR; 05-03-2014 at 12:26.

holy crap , 3 watt ? imagine 2 combined with a pbs and waveplate you can have 4 watt save.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

how are you, It is very coincident, I am kevin.

Hello kevin nice to have you here. Just want to let people know that i have build a dual blue module with the 9mm can diodes. The beamspecs are exactly the same as the M140 diodes. I have made a setup with both diodes and used the same lens in front of it. The stripe is exactly the same length when having the lenses in focus on farfield. The result is a 3 watt module with excellent beamspecs. I can really recommend these new blue diodes

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

YIKES...2W conservative per diode....2LD's.....Crossed via the Swami Dog method...passed thru a PBS...4W ~ 5W after prisms !!! Even with the mechanical challenge of " Zoofing " at 90 degree....Technology whizzes by at ever increasing speed !!! The Singularity / knowledge knee is approaching.....now...if we just don't crap in our bath water....or blow the place up to Kingdom Come....we are good to go !!!!...Thanx Edison / DTR for pushing forward !!!! BEAM
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the swamidog method.... i like the way that sounds!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	complicated-445.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	32097

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    YIKES...2W conservative per diode....2LD's.....Crossed via the Swami Dog method...passed thru a PBS...4W ~ 5W after prisms !!! Even with the mechanical challenge of " Zoofing " at 90 degree....Technology whizzes by at ever increasing speed !!! The Singularity / knowledge knee is approaching.....now...if we just don't crap in our bath water....or blow the place up to Kingdom Come....we are good to go !!!!...Thanx Edison / DTR for pushing forward !!!! BEAM
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Default Twist and Shout

SD...Yes....This is a perfect application for the cross farfield geometry ! Since the FF geometry is slightly rectangular, even thru A-prism correction, a + orientation of the FF geometry is ideal. Eliminate the waveplate and all the BS with knife edging....result==> less $$, less alignment pain and less PO loss. 2W at the low end of the drive curve...likely 2.5 moderately driven = 4 Watts out the business end....after prism and PBS loss. SCHZAAM !!

So...The challenge is to 90 Degree the Zoof...mmm....Build two (2) alike units ( LD,Colli. Prisms) on two section of Aluminum L-Bracket...and rotate one of the brackets 90 degree...and the result would be the desired cross geometry at FF and correct polarization upon entering the PBS. The layout of components would be derived with the 90 degree rotation in mind. Seems too good to be true !! Drive the LD's with one P3...Cool Beans !! The L-bracket idea is from Prof. Pufindart ! HAHA....BEAM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pufindart-Twist and shout.jpg  

Last edited by CDBEAM; 05-16-2012 at 17:34. Reason: Cartoon time !!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

yup. it works like a champ for two 445's and it's the basis of the design i'm going to use for a quad 637 module. a '+' will blend with your other lasers much better than a "=". in the case of the quad, it will be something like a "#", which should be quite excellent.

you can't argue with results like this (40' distance):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dual-445-ap-08.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	32100

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    So...The challenge is to 90 Degree the Zoof...mmm....Build two (2) alike units ( LD,Colli. Prisms) on two section of Aluminum L-Bracket...and rotate one of the brackets 90 degree...and the result would be the desired cross geometry at FF and correct polarization upon entering the PBS. The layout of components would be derived with the 90 degree rotation in mind. Seems too good to be true !! Drive the LD's with one P3...Cool Beans !! The L-bracket idea is from Prof. Pufindart ! HAHA....BEAM
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.