Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

DTR,
    How does the near field beam size look? Is this a lot smaller than the M-140? Once you have them nearly perfect at 30 feet then take a mirror (even a second surface wall mirror works for this because the spots are so small that the mirror is pretty high quality over small scales) and send the beam back to a screen near you and fine tuning of the focus is a snap.

Ok here are some power measurements with a G-2. These were done without a lot of cool down time so there may be a little higher peaks for the higher currents with active cooling.

1270mW @ 1.2A

1540mW @ 1.4A

1720mW @ 1.6A

1830mW @ 1.85A
    Last edited by DTR; 05-03-2014 at 12:28.

Here is what I think I am seeing. I noted the focused line is vertical with the shorter aixiz of the raw output not the long when focused.

Last edited by DTR; 09-01-2012 at 16:44.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

very interesting. i'd like to see one through a anamorphic prism set..

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Here is what I think I am seeing. I noted the focused line is vertical with the shorter aixiz of the raw output not the long when focused.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    very interesting. i'd like to see one through a anamorphic prism set..
    I'll try to post pics of mine when I get it. I have already ordered one. I have one of Dave's sets of prisms and a set of Dr Lava's cylindrical lenses with 5x and 6x planoconvex. I can try each. If it looks good through the prisms, I may forego setting up the lenses since they are a little more difficult to get "right". If I had to guess, I would think that this is going to be just about perfect for graphics. The way my current diode is, corrected, it looks like the PLTB450 uncorrected. I can only surmise that the PLTB450 is going to be almost a dot when corrected.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

nice!

i made a complicated dual 445 rig with 2 sets of prisms and a pbs cube. it does a pretty stellar job with the old school 445's. i'd like to try it out with the new diodes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	complicated-445.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	34702

at 40'...

Name:	dual-445-ap-08.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	34703

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I'll try to post pics of mine when I get it. I have already ordered one. I have one of Dave's sets of prisms and a set of Dr Lava's cylindrical lenses with 5x and 6x planoconvex. I can try each. If it looks good through the prisms, I may forego setting up the lenses since they are a little more difficult to get "right". If I had to guess, I would think that this is going to be just about perfect for graphics. The way my current diode is, corrected, it looks like the PLTB450 uncorrected. I can only surmise that the PLTB450 is going to be almost a dot when corrected.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    nice!

i made a complicated dual 445 rig with 2 sets of prisms and a pbs cube. it does a pretty stellar job with the old school 445's. i'd like to try it out with the new diodes.

Name:	complicated-445.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	34702

at 40'...

Name:	dual-445-ap-08.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	34703
    That is a really awesome cofiguration. That spot is almost perfectly round! I like the trilobite on the table too!

I would love to know the beam dimensions near and far field. The beam expanding method is less important, but some expansion is necessary so the near field becomes large enough to accurately measure. The raw and focused graphics from DTR are very exciting. If the near field height is only 1/3 that of the M-140 and still focuses to a smaller stripe that is a NEW diode. Got to find out what the near field beam size is.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I would love to know the beam dimensions near and far field. The beam expanding method is less important, but some expansion is necessary so the near field becomes large enough to accurately measure. The raw and focused graphics from DTR are very exciting. If the near field height is only 1/3 that of the M-140 and still focuses to a smaller stripe that is a NEW diode. Got to find out what the near field beam size is.
    Agreed. If he doesn't get around to measuring, I'll do it when I get mine. If it is, indeed, a smaller NF beam, are you going to redo your blue monster?

Here is this one better? Also the M140 was metered @ 2.2W and the PLTB450 is only being driven @ 1A(only driver I had below 1.4A) and measured about 1050mW so that is why it seems fainter.

Paced out 30 feet so it could be off by a foot or two either way. Measured the line with my calipers.

Last edited by DTR; 05-03-2014 at 12:28.