Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

^^^^ It's all good. You grabbed the last one in stock. It will go out in the morning.

The next batch will be here middle of next week. I am taking payments if you want one. It will still be a week or so quicker than ordering direct from China.

so I spend $3700 on 400mW of 473 and a few months later the 445's come out... then I spend $2900 on 1.2w of 642 and then these come out??

what other color do we want? apparently if I buy one for way too much money now about a year from now it will be worthless LOL

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    so I spend $3700 on 400mW of 473 and a few months later the 445's come out... then I spend $2900 on 1.2w of 642 and then these come out??

what other color do we want? apparently if I buy one for way too much money now about a year from now it will be worthless LOL
    Well in that case, why not buy a 532nm so we can shortly thereafter finaly get some direct injected greens?

Oh shit!.... I can feel another group hug coming...

I'm not complaining, <$100 for 1w of 635? I like! could not care less about beam specs as long as its not as bad as the previous 635 1W flashlights I have seen...

and even if they are, for the price?! pin-hole it...

now... to find $100!

I could use some 589nm.

I'm not complaining, <$100 for 1w of 635? I like! could not care less about beam specs as long as its not as bad as the previous 635 1W flashlights I have seen...

and even if they are, for the price?! pin-hole it...

now... to find $100!
    Just to recap it did peak over 1A for just a few moments but very quickly fell to about 800mW and sat there the rest of the run @ 1.5A. Also we are starting to discover some variations from diode to diode. I put one together last night @975mA and it is only doing 785mW with a G-2. But still a even if your worst case is 700mW before correction $69 is still a steal.

We still don't know what the MTTF is at these high currents. Could be a week, month , year .. (probably not 10,000 hours, heh .. ) - but yeah, DTR, for now it's a steal .. :]

@ Flecom- My condolences for your losses. Grevious, dude. Sorrows doesnt even come close. btw, could you buy one of those terribly expensive 488nm DI diodes pleez? Thx .. Arrgh .. soory ..
    Last edited by steve-o; 09-24-2011 at 19:02.

I am going to be running a dually. Maybe this is a topic for another thread (actually, this has turned into a 635 thread :P ), but... which is recommended, Knife edge corrected by prisms or wave plate with a PBS corrected by prisms? I am hoping to get about 600mW~700mW after optics and then maybe pinhole and get 400mW~500mW. I just want something a bit brighter than my 350mW 640nm LW.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    We still don't know what the MTTF is at these high currents. Could be a week, month , year .. (probably not 10,000 hours, heh .. ) - but yeah, DTR, for now it's a steal .. :]
    Certainly won't last 10,000 hours the way we will use them. But these display based diodes like the 445 and now this 635 are designed to operate continuously for many many times longer than say a LOC that is just designed to run only when burning a disk. Compare that to watching 6-8 hours of TV at each day for a couple of years of operation.

Anyone have know the life expectancy of a LOC with a continuous style operation?

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I am going to be running a dually. Maybe this is a topic for another thread (actually, this has turned into a 635 thread :P ), but... which is recommended, Knife edge corrected by prisms or wave plate with a PBS corrected by prisms? I am hoping to get about 600mW~700mW after optics and then maybe pinhole and get 400mW~500mW. I just want something a bit brighter than my 350mW 640nm LW.
    A lot of good ideas have been discussed and some limited testing with prisms but as of yet I don't think anything can be recommended. Only time will tell what the best strategy will be.

Here is another post on the prism testing.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/co...des-67410.html

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Certainly won't last 10,000 hours the way we will use them.
    probably not but think about it, we abuse them less than a pointer would... how often during a show is any one color on at 100% continuously? we are going to modulate them almost always, and while a fraction of a second off time does not seem like a lot its better than CW in a pointer...

and like you said, these things were designed with (nearly) long term CW in mind... not like burner didoes