Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

Laser Warning

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    i think it is time we start scratching our heads for the best beam folding setup...
    Ok- an idea- fwiw- if anybody uses this it will cost them a fiver mailed to me, 'cause I'm copyrighting this setup, it's called the steve-o single-prism dual-foldover phlabbergasster ©steve-o laser-Tronik 2011 lol.
    This is 2 front surface mirrors bouncing the waste beam back to the knife-edge paralleling the main beam. The main beam is hitting the prism at an extreme angle making for an extremely small dot at far-field, (high magnification) but a high power waste-beam, (probably about 50/50) I haven't tried this yet, just came up with it yesterday , may work.. may not ..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prism idea2.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	27660

Name:	Photonintoxicated.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	27662 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	youngfrankenstein.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	27661

Yikes Steve....." IT COULD WORK " !!!!!

CDBEAM
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 09-27-2011 at 07:22.
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

And the wastebeam of the wastebeam will have a wastebeam, will have a wastebeam, will have a wastebeam.
    among other problems ...

So what ! The loop continues to feedback into itself ??? Other problems ???? Please continue.
    CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

I dunno , I think Bart's right. I re-drew it in a highly exaggerated drawing below showing the secondary beam-path in green:
    Shit. another invention down the tillet. Well , I'm sure somebody will come up with something .. I'll keep trying ..

Name:	prism3.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	27664

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you would be better off using the reflected beam for lumia or other scan through effects.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    I dunno , I think Bart's right. I re-drew it in a highly exaggerated drawing below showing the secondary beam-path in green:
    Shit. another invention down the tillet. Well , I'm sure somebody will come up with something .. I'll keep trying ..

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    you would be better off using the reflected beam for lumia or other scan through effects.
    Yes, there are a lot of uses for waste-beams, it would just be nice to be able to re-combine for almost full power output in a smaller form-factor ;] (as we all know).

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you're butting heads against the law of diminishing returns. plus, the alignment issues are going to be a near death experience. i still have my hair. i'd like to keep it that way.

Yes, there are a lot of uses for waste-beams, it would just be nice to be able to re-combine for almost full power output in a smaller form-factor ;] (as we all know).
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Well , I'm sure somebody will come up with something ..

Why not use two prisms! However, you'd be better off using a cylindrical telescope on this diode anyway.

Are you referring to an anamorphic prism pair? Yes, that is the standard solution. If you have a better idea, please elaborate. I'm sure we're all ears! (or eyes, as the case may be ) ..
    Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    Why not use two prisms! However, you'd be better off using a cylindrical telescope on this diode anyway.