Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

It is all good It started in the Vets section over there so not everyone could see it but here is a link to the testing portion of this exercise.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/ne...ml#post1056982
    Last edited by DTR; 04-06-2012 at 22:18.

It's great stuff your doing there Jordon, going out of your way and at your own expensive to dismantle a unit to see if it has any useful bits, and then to top it posting your findings for the benefit of everyone.. Your becoming a bit of a hero for many on PL and the other place so you deserve a huge applause and more than a beer from everyone on both places.

As soon as one is killed, whoever does that first, de-can it and add photos.

I agree with Andy 97. This kind of risk taking and openness deserves more than just a big THANK YOU! I for one will be buying stock from DTR when ever he is an option

Posting 2 trak..

Nice werk, Mr J.. ... and - good call on 'whiting-out' the Mnfctr. name - Admin certainly does not need to go thru another round of 'nasty-grams', like he did from a 'certain hybrid-projectors' legal pit-bulls, last year.. ..Way to be 'smarter' about the info in the infomercial, here

cheers...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    It's great stuff your doing there Jordon, going out of your way and at your own expensive to dismantle a unit to see if it has any useful bits, and then to top it posting your findings for the benefit of everyone.. Your becoming a bit of a hero for many on PL and the other place so you deserve a huge applause and more than a beer from everyone on both places.

Thanks Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I agree with Andy 97. This kind of risk taking and openness deserves more than just a big THANK YOU! I for one will be buying stock from DTR when ever he is an option
    Getting into something new that you have no idea what you will find especially when you could have a $2000 paper weight when you are done is half the fun of this hobby and the other half is sharing the thrill.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Posting 2 trak..

Nice werk, Mr J.. ... and - good call on 'whiting-out' the Mnfctr. name - Admin certainly does not need to go thru another round of 'nasty-grams', like he did from a 'certain hybrid-projectors' legal pit-bulls, last year.. ..Way to be 'smarter' about the info in the infomercial, here

cheers...
    j
    Yes I have had a few conversations with the pit-bulls myself. Not an encounter I plan to relive.

OK

Here is a comparison shot. Apart from a minute focus difference looks to be about the same.

Last edited by DTR; 05-03-2014 at 12:25.

Those are 445 right? They look orange from here .. I might need to adjust my monitor color ..

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Those are 445 right? They look orange from here .. I might need to adjust my monitor color ..
    Yea your monitor must need some color adjustments.

The picture is taken using a set of safety glasses as a filter to get a good look at the line.

There must be some fluorescence however, The filter should only block, so it or the background must be color shifting because there should be zero emission in the orange region.

DTR,

Back on the LPF thread about the A vs. M vs. H series diodes there was no discussion of the 9mm can diodes, but there was earlier discussion about technicians from LG who claimed to be using the "4 W diodes". Could these 9mm can models have been the diodes they were talking about and the 4W was misreported? Did you choose the particular high end projector that you harvested after looking at several potentials?