Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

Yep I am eager to get some of these powered up and see what they can do.

Mitsubishi 500mW diodes came in today and all waiting orders have been shipped.

Will post up some power info tonight.

Please hold 2 p73s for me DTR. I'll PM you soon.

No problem.

I am testing out a small quantity of the 110mW Mitsubishi 638nm single mode diodes for $52 to see what kind of interest there is for them. If anyone wants to try them they are in stock and now listed in my shop.

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf...le-mode-diodes

The new 9mm 445nm diodes are now in stock. These all seem to be as good as the higher efficiency M140 diodes. Out of six tested they all hit between 2W-2.5W @ 1.8A and a G-2 lens. Some have driven them much harder with results hitting 2.8W+ but I am currently suggesting to stay under 1.8A till I can determine if the higher currents are safe. They have built in ESD protection and for a limited time will come with a free copper module.

445nm 9mm Laser Diode W/Lens
    $95
    Click Here To Purchase

Here is a macro shot of the diode decanned. If you see the fifth wire from the right is the ESD protection. The 9mm also sports a much more massive frame than similar 5.6mm diodes for much better thermal efficiency, output stability and life expectancy.

Here is a close up on it.

Here is a graph of three of these diodes that were sent out for testing. Test was done with a single element G-2 lens. This was tested to the limit of the diode. I suggest 1.8A for best life which averaged about 2.2W+ with these three diodes.

Here is the beam with the lens that comes with the unit. It is a high quality single element glass lens that I have been told is equivalent to the 405-G-2 lenses for pass and divergence. If you want to use it you will need to get a custom made threaded lens holder. If you are using the standard Aixiz threaded modules you will want it threaded for M9x0.5. PM user Dave for a compatable threaded lens barrel for this lens.

For a limited time offer get a free 12mm copper module fit for 9mm diodes with Aixiz style M9x0.5 lens threading

Here is what the copper module I will include looks like.

Depth of the three element lens when focused

Depth of the 405-G-2 lens when focused.

If a focus ring is important to you and you only plan to use the three element lenses then you can take some thermal adheasive mix it up, put it on the very top of the threads, screw the focus ring on 1 full turn and let it dry and it will have the rage to focus all the way.

I can't quite make that out. Is that a fuzzy dog to the right of the windex and the laser beam? Nice place you got there DTR

Yea that was my brothers dog. I was watching him. He is like a big fluffy carpet. I watch him when he goes out of town.

That's nice. Does he wonder why there's mysterious holes burned in his walls when he gets back? What's the dog's name? Can you take a pic of his face? He's watching the laser beam. I hope his retinas don't get burned out. I like this new 9mm blue 445. Too bad I've just put 220 in my paypal for 2 mitsi reds or I'd order one of those too. I can almost envision a 3 watt RGB using only 3 diodes now. Nice pics of the diodes and graphs. Personally I think the flat spot at 1500mA at 2 watts looks good for longevity and power.

It is George. He is not here now. That was a while ago.

Yes for running continuously you will probably back it down a bit but if the datasheet we think applies to this diode is correct it has the recommended current @ 1.7A were the A series diodes were 1.2A. So with active cooling I would think 1.5-1.6A would be ok if not conservative.