Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    I am sure he is talking about the three element(Aixiz) lenses I sell. They are some of the lowest cost lenses out there giving pretty low divergence for the A/M140's but they have a lot of power loss and a good amount of splash.
    Yes, I went cheap on the lens just to see what this diode will do. I may end up with a G-2 soon. I do like the low divergence of the Aixiz glass lens. The power loss doesn't hit me too hard since 1 watt overpowers my build so, I would need to attenuate the blue anyway.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

cool. that makes things even easier. i can just directly swap these new diodes in place of my old 445's.

i built a rig that prism corrects two diodes and then combines them with a pbs. it does a really sweet job with the old diodes. i think it will be scary and awesome with the new ones.

thanks for your work on these!

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    I am sure he is talking about the three element(Aixiz) lenses I sell. They are some of the lowest cost lenses out there giving pretty low divergence for the A/M140's but they have a lot of power loss and a good amount of splash.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

So the PLTB450's are the catsass now, and it's goodbye to the 9mm and all the other older 445s? (Just trying to keep up) .. the blues are changing almost daily .. not complaining tho .. just waiting on a 1W 470-480nm :] Tomorrow maybe ?

Well, for beams, I would still recommend the 9mm's, simply because without overdriving either diode, the 9mm still "outpowers" the Osrams.

just waiting on a 1W 470-480nm :] Tomorrow maybe ?
    Based on the price of the blues, I don't mind purchasing one here or there but I agree. I would like to see a 460~470nm blue. I have never liked the color of 445~450 as a the blue leg for a projector. I have said it before and I will say it again, 457nm dpss blue always looked "right", although I do like 473nm as well. A nice 465nm diode would be awesome, single mode 5W with tiny beam plz!
    Last edited by absolom7691; 09-06-2012 at 07:23.

I have seen an Older module that i made and to be honest the beam in thighness from an A-140 was better then an M140 or Nicha 9mm one. The 9mm and M140 are similar in beamspecs but the A 140 was for sure more thight. The A140 can do a watt but 800mw is more safe if you ask me. If the osram is as good as people are saying i,m already looking forward to build that 2.8 watt of blue.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Ran another test tonight. No pics . I tested the Osram against my A140. Uncorrected, they look similar if not about the same. Corrected, that is another story.

At 9m, the beam on the corrected Osram was 7.5mm. The core of the beam was squared off and measured 7.5mm but there was a star pattern that was developing. I am not sure if this was caused by the Aixiz lens or if this is a property of the diode. I don't have a G-2 lens to compare it to, so maybe Jordan can interject here.

At 18m, the core of the beam was 14.8mm. The star pattern was pretty prominent. Again, I am not sure if this is trash that is caused from the cheaper lens or not. Jordan will have to verify if he has seen the same thing with the cheap lens and if it goes away with the better lens.

At both 9m and 18m, the beam was smaller than my 200mW Viasho green which has a full angle divergance of 1.2mRad. Against my A140, both at 9m and 18m, the beam on the Osram was almost half the size of what my A140 was.

In conclusion, I think these are a good buy and will serve the graphics community a little better than previous 445's. The only thing I need to test more is to try and find out where the beam trash is coming from.

Any ideas, Jordan?
    Last edited by absolom7691; 09-07-2012 at 03:27.

Yep that lens has a ton of artifacts from light bouncing around in the housing so if you are having strange results that would probably be why.

Great to hear how good the divergence is though.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    The only thing I need to test more is to try and find out where the beam trash is coming from.
    Any ideas, Jordan?
    There is a new lens that Lazeerer over @ LPF is selling that may be of real interest. I just got one and have been playing with it on my 1.4W Osram diode. Gives a little better divergence than the three element lenses, much cleaner output and less power loss. He calls it the 445-C-L lens. It is a single element lens with a very long FL. Does not have a sales thread on it but you could hit him up if you were wanting to try one.
    He mentioned it here and I had to grab one.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/cl...ml#post1116819

Here are the results I got. The three element has a lot of splash but the 445-C-L is very clean.

Looks like an 8 till 10 Fl if you ask me. The triple lens has the typical stripes on each side of the main stripe where the most energy is. However with knivedging there is still quit a bit energy in the side stripes and so the one from lazerer is a good candidate for a quad if you ask me.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the fans that DTR sells are excellent.. just be very careful not to stick your thumb in one while you're adjusting the pot on a flexmod in a very cramped space.

i won't post the picture.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.