Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

Thanks for the fast shipping on the 2 P73s today Jordan.. I gotta put a whitelight together before the 4th of July lol like that's gonna happen.. but it might .. anyway ..
    Nice new teardown there .. I like the 9mm blues best so far .. I got one in my new build ..
    Now when do the 1W green diodes arrive ?

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Thanks for the fast shipping on the 2 P73s today Jordan.. I gotta put a whitelight together before the 4th of July lol like that's gonna happen.. but it might ..
    Nice new teardown there .. I like the 9mm blues best so far .. I got one in my new build ..
    Now when do the 1W green diodes arrive ?
    Great glad you got them quickly. I am not holding my breath for the greens. I think they are happy making green with blue. Infact I think they prefer it and it is the only reason for the diodes in the projector as every one seems to focus on turning the blue laser diodes into green with the phosphor wheel and using blue and red LED's. It may be the wavelength and amount of green they can produce with that setup. I don't know.

- - - Moved from previous page - - -

Ok so Newegg had a clearance on these A**R K75o's so I had to pick one up. Cost $1000.
    They look to be discontinued now.

Now prepare to be shocked.

Got the box in today and was excited to start another teardown.

As always for safety remember this bag is not a toy.

Now on the backside there are five screws holding the top in place.

Then flpped it ove and removed the top and low and behold look at this. You would think these projecor companies never had an origonal thought in their lives.:whistle:

It is like General Motors all over again. Just put a different grill on it and charge a different amount. They will never know the difference.
    So now it is:

A**r K75o

V!ewS0nc1 Pr09ooo

0ptom& ZX2!o5T

Anyway to continue with the teardown well you know how it goes from here.

Here is a funny look at the stark differences between the V!ewS0n!c and the A**r video boards.

Someone must be running around to all the projector manufacturers with one of these going here just shove it in there and you got a laser/LED projector.

So finally again here is the yield of the harvest. So it is almost the same as the Ben model for the price per diode if we could find more at this price but without the nice G style lenses. Looks like we still have not found a better source for the 9mm 445's.
    Last edited by DTR; 05-03-2014 at 12:39.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    He got it with a G-2-LFL which has better divergence than a standard G-2 and does not have the power loss from clipping you get with the 2mm FL.
    Clipping from the 2mm lenses? I don't think so. They're too close to the diode to clip the beam. Where did you get that information ? I'd like to see some evidence of proof ..

Yep brain fart. I meant the three element glass lens. The three element has huge clipping as it is a very long focal length and as a result has quite a bit of power loss.

I recently tested the longer Fl lens from DTR. I compared it with a 405g2 in therms of losses and they are the same so for a longer FL lens this is very good. Although you still need corrective optics you can do thise easily with a prism set since you don,t need 6x expansion anymore. From my memory the beam was 5mm in height at aperture.

So i would say order some Longer Fl lenses and give it a shot

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/glass-lenses

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Got my diode today. Thanks Jordan!
    I mounted it in a heat sink & powered it up. Not great for graphics without correction, so I went digging in my optics bin and found a prism. At a fairly extreme angle I was able to get a really nice spot. There was some splash and a lot of loss since it isn't AR coated, but I will get a better one. Here is the test bench setup and beam measurement at 10 ft. about 10mm (That was all the room I had)
    Chris
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500mw 638nm test 1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	917.9 KB 
ID:	39011
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500mw 638nm test 2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	39010

5W 650nm C-Mount diodes are now in stock.
    https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf...t-diodes-w-fac
    Last edited by DTR; 05-03-2014 at 12:39.

do you have a proper spec sheet to go with these?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    do you have a proper spec sheet to go with these?
    andy, i think that once the spec sheet has been found, you will have to start designing c-mounts with provision for tec (or tecs)

"its called character briggs..."