Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

Nice. Lot of great info you found there. Yea the NMB fans are amazing at pushing air. It does seem when the M140 came out they decided to go with the Nidec fans that are very quite. You can turn them up all the way and they barely make a squeak but they certainly can compete with the tornado of air the NMB's do. Anyway glad you like them.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

those little fans are awesome. i used 8 of them in my projector. 4 filtered for air intake and 4 unfiltered for exhaust.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fan-panel-05.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	39720

Name:	fan-panel-03.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	39719

Name:	proj-for-lpf.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	39721

just be careful with them. i stuck my thumb in one while adjusting the current on a flexmod.

Name:	thumb-01.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	39722

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Nice. Lot of great info you found there. Yea the NMB fans are amazing at pushing air. It does seem when the M140 came out they decided to go with the Nidec fans that are very quite. You can turn them up all the way and they barely make a squeak but they certainly can compete with the tornado of air the NMB's do. Anyway glad you like them.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Jeebus! That must have hurt like hell! Although you probably didn't even feel it until the buzzing in your thumb stopped (I would say about 30 minutes). Note to self, Swami's work is perfection to aspire to.... except for sticking fingers into fans!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Ouch! And I wondered why they bothered to put those ridiculous stickers on fans saying "Do Not place fingers in fan while operating"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

oh i felt it!

rude words were spoken... very loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Jeebus! That must have hurt like hell! Although you probably didn't even feel it until the buzzing in your thumb stopped (I would say about 30 minutes). Note to self, Swami's work is perfection to aspire to.... except for sticking fingers into fans!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Yeah there are som really high powered fans out there, have three of them:

Yes 120mm 125W

Here ist a Video of it, and much other high power fans on my channel, also some Lasers..

So; in the end, is the Osram diode giving better beam specs than any of the other diode options?

Did anyone have some test results?

Osram PLP520-B1 520nm Green Laser Diode

Did a bit of testing on the new PLP520-B1 tonight. I was amazed with the spot size for a multimode diode. Compared to the M140 the spot size is about 1/3 the length. Diodes seems to max out about 300mW @ 750mA. I would say getting 200mW+ out of these is no problem.:eg:

Here is the spot size @ 25 feet.

Here is the LPM test. 750mA to 800mA there is no gain in output so that is where the test ended. Test was done with a 405-G-2.

Thanks for sharing. I would be keen to see the tests repeated with TEC cooling to 0c or -10c...
    This space for rent.

so how much are these diodes and where can I get them?