Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any smokers here?

Red face Any smokers here?

After battling with health issues over the past year now and trying to quit the ciggy's at the doc's request...I have discovered e-cigs. The electronic device...and have totally give up the smokes and lighter for good. My doc says it is much better for me not to be ingesting the some 4000 known chemicals in the carcinogenic monsters. After just 2 weeks now...man I feel better and can actually taste things and breath again. Just wanted to share...
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Thumbs up I quit in 2000.

Good show Mike; you'll start smelling more soon... Which isn't always a "good" thing. Aren't the e-cigs like fog machine smoke?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I smoke rollies and Indonesian ciggies (clove Garams).

My wife pesters me all the time. When my son was like 8 he told be straight up I was going to die.

Please provide a link to these.
    This space for rent.

Do E-cigs have nicotine? I'm a long time smoker and I used nicotine gum to quit awhile
    back (it was a big help), but after a few years I started up again...

Dean

I got the Cig2O. I like it and it's a decent alternative, but wish it held a charge longer. If it would hold a charge for my entire day....i'd quit the real ones.

That sounded like another excuse, though. One thing I found is that I smoked more since it can be used inside (I don't smoke real cigs in the house, period, or car with others present).

Yeah dch, they have nicotine. you can get varying dose tips.
    Last edited by mophead; 05-19-2011 at 17:30.

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    I got the Cig2O. I like it and it's a decent alternative, but wish it held a charge longer. If it would hold a charge for my entire day....i'd quit the real ones.

That sounded like another excuse, though. One thing I found is that I smoked more since it can be used inside (I don't smoke real cigs in the house, period, or car with others present).

Yeah dch, they have nicotine. you can get varying dose tips.
    I am hearing you in that one! I tried to give up a few years back using the Nicorete inhaler. So handy you can "smoke" in the office, plane, taxi, restaurant, gas station....

Smokers are people too you know. Just for not as long.
    This space for rent.

You won't die if you quit cold turkey and as long as you don't hang out with other smokers you'll get past the craving pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    You won't die if you quit cold turkey and as long as you don't hang out with other smokers you'll get past the craving pretty quickly.
    For me the triggers are not other smokers, rather:

• Coffee
    • Beer
    • After meals
    • After sex
    • Any time I get nervous or uptight or stressed

Do you smoke after sex? "I have never looked".
    This space for rent.

Lightbulb

I stopped enjoying the taste of cigs before I quit so being around other people smoking never gave me any cravings. I actually had another smoking habit that tastes better and has more percieved benefits, although I have recently quit that also... Which seems way harder without something to fall back on as I had "it" to fall back on when I quit smoking cigs. I am kinda here with ya Mike, but I don't think they make and electric version for mine. I don't think I could have quit the other way around as i have absolutely no desire to pick up a nicotine stick now.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    For me the triggers are not other smokers, rather:

• Beer
    • After meals
    • Any time I get nervous or uptight or stressed
    During times I'm not smoking, the smoke smells pretty nasty; couple that with a hot chick with a cigarette dangling from the mouth is quite unattractive and makes me think "why the hell do I do this".

The 3 above are my weaknesses. It's like time to smoke...... After sex is different. that's like time to sleep.

I can cuddle while asleep.