Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10 A140 projector's minus diode blocks for $185 or 5 for $100 Free US Shipping

Default tips for gettin'ut the goodies

I put this up today but I was told that due to the touchiness of the maker that my thread my need to come down ----so look while you can and copy whatever you want.

UPDATE I took it down myself- better me than admin- anyone running into probs getting the thing apart can ask DTR or myself. There are only a few hidden screws and if you try you will locate them yourself.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/ti...html#post91602
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 06-04-2011 at 08:30. Reason: deletion

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    I put this up today but I was told that due to the touchiness of the maker that my thread my need to come down ----so look while you can and copy whatever you want.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/ti...html#post91602
    And it is gone.

got mine just as promised every thing i expected great person to work with may get a few more jeff

DanBarlow and flecom your projectors shipped today. Check your PM's for the tracking.

Here is a post from the other place. Anyone tried to get the power supply working?

Quote Originally Posted by dyethor View Post
    Ok, I took a pic of the where my test leads are.

Then I tried a jumper between the first pin and the 3rd pin pins 3 & 4 are the same.
    This resulted in a fluctuating voltage at 12 to 12.5

Then jumping pin 1 to either pin 5 or 6 results in a fluctuating voltage from 4 to 4.5

If any one with better testing tools can see if these yield a good voltage please test this out. I only have this DVM.
    And some more good info.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic-Badger View Post
    I've been studying the power supply as well. Here's the pin-out as far as I've derived:

I believe the Power ON to the 6-pin connector is an input, and the one on the 16-pin supply is an output, as the former is the input to a photocoupler, and the latter appears to be connected to the collector of a transistor (?) Q102.

The +5V is always on as far as I can see, and is used to turn on the power supply through the photocoupler-connected lead. The power supply might be be providing 12V as well, or just staying on because the power on is floating. I'll have to test it later when I splice the cables.

Edit:

Power ON on the 6-pin connector is active-low. You're measuring 4.53V because of the diode in the photocoupler and the resistor in-line. The anode (+) is connected directly to the +5V input on the 6-pin connector.
    Last edited by DTR; 06-08-2011 at 09:45.

Default power supply

I'll give it a shot I have one of these power supplies around here somewhere, I'll dig it up and see what I can find out...

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    I'll give it a shot I have one of these power supplies around here somewhere, I'll dig it up and see what I can find out...
    Sweet let us know.

Also has anyone noticed the temp sensor is now missing on the diode blocks. I cant remember the last time I have seen one? Are they just going without them now.

Old projectors XJ-A140's

Newer XJ-A140V's no temp sensor.

Default Temp sens

Yes I have noticed it's been gone for about the last 5 units.
    they must have located it somewhere else.

where do those other small traces go?

Which traces are your referring too?