Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redline laser Beamscan XYP-1000

Default Redline laser Beamscan XYP-1000

Honestly, if you do not know what this is, then you wont be willing to buy it once you find out. Selling for $400

Controller Works perfectly, head needs smaller mirrors installed, the ones on it right now are really really large. also needs new shutter arm and the effects arm i ripped off a long time ago

Have an extra NEW old stock transformer in case this one break off
    Also have the extra caps and diodes for it as pictured. comes with 25 foot cable
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01235.JPG  

WOW; can we get pictures? I have wanted one of these for awhile, not that I can afford it at the moment. Would be nice to see it at SELEM if it lasts that long.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

sorry, i originally forgot to attach picture, it is on there now

I remember drooling over these in the Meredith Instruments catalogs i would get in the mail... ah if only I had $400

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    ah if only I had $400

Maybe we should petition the CDRH to give out rewards for reporting illegal laser activity... kinda like a "tips" line.

I'd be rich! lol

If the buyer needs a copy of the manual I can make one. (yes I have contacted the person who made this item and he has lost 100% interest in this product....)

Also I read a thread about wanting a laser oscilloscope. Just put this is dot or line, and feed the audio into the x or y input and there you go. Laser O-scope.

But no more then 1volt!!!!! Or damage to the internal amplifier circuit can happen.

Also is this the C2 or C4 version? The C4 version would run 4 heads, and had a stronger amp circuit.

Someone buy this so I am not the only one still using the beam scan on this forum.....
    Last edited by PhantomRage; 07-14-2011 at 08:41.

This is a C2, I knew the C4 existed but never had one, I had about 10 of these at one time. I lost my manual (the one copy I had) and never had any trigger cables either. I had a couple Y cables to run two of them although it would be interesting to know what parts need to get replaced to make it into a C4 unit. I found the shutter arm so this now has a shutter arm.

I have had two serious inquiries via PM so I am sure this unit will go soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomRage View Post
    If the buyer needs a copy of the manual I can make one. (yes I have contacted the person who made this item and he has lost 100% interest in this product....)

Also I read a thread about wanting a laser oscilloscope. Just put this is dot or line, and feed the audio into the x or y input and there you go. Laser O-scope.

But no more then 1volt!!!!! Or damage to the internal amplifier circuit can happen.

Also is this the C2 or C4 version? The C4 version would run 4 heads, and had a stronger amp circuit.

Someone buy this so I am not the only one still using the beam scan on this forum.....

I would have to dig into my notes, and see. Off the top of my head, the output transistors were able to handle more current draw from the 4 open loop galvos. There were a few other parts that also kept the heads from over shooting and damping them.

It has been a long time since I got into mine. I was in the process of making a midi circuit to control and program the different LFO's and oscillators with the CPU. But the ideal got scrapped back when the unit was still around 800 bucks and the owner did not want to divulge any of the schematics.

I have one of these in perfect condition but I need the manual. Did you sell yours? This is one cool piece but I dont have a need anymore. Any help you can give me on info would be greatly appreciated.
    Joe