Page 34 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi ML520G71...Red Holy Grail or Flashlight Fail ??

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Rather than the wave plate split/combine method; has anybody tried using just mirrors to split and stack? At least there is the possibility to combine two diodes easily with a PBS.

The challenge with the split/recombine methods on these wide emitter diodes is that you have to split the fast axis, which is a thin beam in the near field (not the widest of the 2 axes). This expands quickly in the far field to become the wider dimension. I'm not sure whether telescoping the fast axis up in size first to do the split and then telescope it down after recombine would help? That sounds tricky and expensive in optics and mechanics though.

^^ I meant expand the FA as much as possible with prisms or cylinder lens, then split and stack, just thinking out loud really. ^^
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

two diodes is easy, how about 4 or more?

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Wow! Cool Andy! Is that with your "mystery lens" or one that is readily available ? (no sarcasm intended) , just curious.
    Yes with the special lens. I am expecting the lenses to be here in a week, they are on the way.

I am expecting the lenses to be here in a week, they are on the way.
    That's too long

So, will your set-up look like this pic from your post #207 Andy ? That is; the special lens + Dr Lava's cylinder pair ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1147.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	28243

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    That's too long

So, will your set-up look like this pic from your post #207 Andy ? That is; the special lens + Dr Lava's cylinder pair ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1147.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	28243
    No, like this in post 204

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...204#post210204

@ LaNeK779

Here the test setup you requested. Optima collimator (4mm fl) and the lava cylinders spaced @ 100mm from the collimator. The divergence can be brought down to 0.8mrad with an aperture beam size of 4mmx4mm and a far field @ 11m of 13mm x 8mm. With the first cylinder Plano side towards the collimator gave a better beam profile with less scatter. The Optima I have here, is in a wobbly barrel (threads to loose) therefor some beam distortion on the right there.

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Optima and cylinders IV.jpg  

Optima and cylinders aperture IV.jpg  

Optima farfield 11m IV.jpg  

Last edited by Solarfire; 10-27-2011 at 09:33.

Thank you very much for trying this Frank!!!

and a big thanks to logsquared for proposing this idea some 150 posts ago
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    OK so we are all talking about the same diode, at last.

So, can anyone come up with concrete data to support these diodes are Mitsu and not another diode produced by an unknown company that might also be the same unknown company producing the fancy blue diodes. As far as I know nobody knows for sure if the blue 445s are from Nich. Get my point here lads.

The point I am getting too is, people are making assumptions that these diodes are 100% G71 when they might not be. And if they are not, the data sheets for the ML will not match the diode currently being tested. Not only that, given we do not have any specific data sheet for these diodes in the above photo, we can only trial and error to get effective results which Andy and Badger have been getting.

And Yes as DTR points out the diodes are new looking, untouched and they do work great.

I did ask around if anyone had a original G71 for me to test with this lens I have, this will show if the diodes are actually different.

LaNeK779 & Solarfire, I understood from the beginning, you don't need to go into a big explanation.

Doc, that is not required, I will show in around a week a 2 diode setup with one cube..

Happy Lasing.

Andy
    What I heard from a source that has traveled to China and has a wife from there....Nich did not want to make the 445s for Ka5io(duh!) so they sold/leased or whatever the design to a so-far-unknown company in South Korea. And its possible that before getting those diodes in China to put into those projectors they traveled to USA (prolly NYC) before they get sent back to the China Ka5io pj maker.

Which gets weirder when you add that the pjs then get shipped to USA(either not readily available or much higher cost in China) and sold here only to have the diodes removed and in some cases shipped back to China to go into labbys and handhelds only to be once again shipped to the US, and I know of one case where the homemade handhelds got shipped once again back to China. Lotta miles on those little diodes even if only parts of this are accurate.

Solarfire wrote:
    Optima collimator (4mm fl) and the lava cylinders spaced @ 100mm from the collimator.
    I'm imagining some people are saying to themselves 100mm?? Damn, that's a mile! no prob . plenty of room in the projector case, y'know.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbsup.gif 
Views:	160 
Size:	139 Bytes 
ID:	28248