Page 55 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi ML520G71...Red Holy Grail or Flashlight Fail ??

well the dr and i were talking if you guys want to go for it ill send 10$ to the best person to test.
    Also on another note i dont feel like using a cube and a wave plate to combine. would it be possible to knife edge them and then send them threw the C lenses?

I have tried hard to follow these developments, but maybe I am just too jet lagged or too old to understand the final outcomes.

Can someone please provide a clear/short summary of the situation for me please? I need a "More Red for Dummies" kind of short-form-book.
    This space for rent.

Dnar...MANY unknowns at this point...I will list what has and has not been determined.

1) A short Focal aspherical collimation lens works best...what is the EXACT fL that is best ?? well....my 3mm FL from Dave is very good...but possibly a (2) to (2,5 ) MAY be better !!

2) The beam is best corrected for astigmatism by Cylinderical lenses....being a combination of Plano Concave then Plano Convex. We have only experimented with with Drlava C-Lenses ( I think...maybe others trialed something else ?? ) and they have a magnification of about (3). It is likely that improved beam correction can be acheived with a higher magnification....of say (6) or (8)......That is what we are currently working on. I feel that a (6) will be the optimal.

3) For my set up....using a (3) fL colli lens and Drlava C-Lenses....the acheived divergence is about 1.13.....Almost....but not quite as good as a prism corrected 445 LD.

4) As for beam combining....it gets more uncertian here. The biggest question I see is do we Beam correct B4 PBS...or after ???? I think that Solarfire has shone that two (2) beams can be sent into the C-lenses....ever so slightly off axis ( .03 degree ) and the results are fine. I do not know if anyone has yet to send two knife edged beams plus two knife edged beams ...one set thru a wave plate....then on to a PBS....THEN into a set of Cylinderical lenses for final beam correction....but I fear that the two (2) side by sidebeam pattern.... l l going into the C-Lenses would output garbage...Dunno ???? But that is MY speculation at this time.

5) Overdriving !!! Yikes....now there is a controversial topic !!! My thought is that if you are going to do it....at least TE the LD's !!! And you will pay a price on diode life ! How high a price in reduced MTTF....who knows !!!!! but surly some lowering of the MTTF will occur.

6) And finally....which diode ??? At this point in time....I still see the ML520G71 and the ML501P73 as the two top choices. No one has experimented with the higher power ML501P73....because no one has gotten a sample.....BUT...I am hopeful the higher power diode will be less tempting to overdrive....and will be the eventual winner,,,,THAT is assuming that it has the same optical characteristics of the lower power G71 ????????????

Well...those are a few of my thoughts....Please jump in with additional perspectivies !!!!!!!!!!!@

BEAM
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

A PM from the good Doctor arrived! Lenses on the way soon! Seems he's in the middle of a move. I apologised for my bitchin' and complaining here ..

Yea well i think for my job in not going to PBS them i would rather just stack them.
    So with the 3mm FL lens without the correction optics whats the beam like?
    i think stacking 2 of them then correction would get me the most power.
    1W of red is finally able to be gotten for under 200$
    And i just sourced a 400mw green laser with a 2W pump from a reputable company for less than 200$
    So that with a 445nm laser corrected for around 100$ thats a good 2.4W raw and around 2.2W projector for around 500$ in good lasers. 30k galvos 200 and psu around 50$ drivers 100$
    800 for a 2.2W projector just need to find it a case.

They wont fit on the lens stacked.

And I wouldn;t call the 445 or g71 good, useable but not good to where you would count on them for good graphics.

Knifed maybe stacked nope.

Quote Originally Posted by kiyoukan View Post
    Yea well i think for my job in not going to PBS them i would rather just stack them.
    So with the 3mm FL lens without the correction optics whats the beam like?
    i think stacking 2 of them then correction would get me the most power.
    1W of red is finally able to be gotten for under 200$
    And i just sourced a 400mw green laser with a 2W pump from a reputable company for less than 200$
    So that with a 445nm laser corrected for around 100$ thats a good 2.4W raw and around 2.2W projector for around 500$ in good lasers. 30k galvos 200 and psu around 50$ drivers 100$
    800 for a 2.2W projector just need to find it a case.
    leading in trailing technology

Yea i meant to knife edge them together.
    the question is to knife edge them side by side to make a beam like (..) or go vertical ( : )
    I remember someone saying they had a lens testing setup and were going to test multiple lenses.
    What FL lenses were tested?
    so the one dave sells is 3mm FL but was there testing done with a 2mm FL and i just missed it?

daves lens is under 3fl. saying vertical will not fit on the first correction lens, one diode stripe barely fits. the only option is ..

Yea i meant to knife edge them together.
    the question is to knife edge them side by side to make a beam like (..) or go vertical (
    I remember someone saying they had a lens testing setup and were going to test multiple lenses.
    What FL lenses were tested?
    so the one dave sells is 3mm FL but was there testing done with a 2mm FL and i just missed it?

hmm so how is the beam with the under 3mm FL lens any pics? as i have a 3 element aixis lens alone on my red just to see how it looked and its a amazing color red but i was wondering what would just a short FL lens would do.

hmm so how is the beam with the under 3mm FL lens any pics? as i have a 3 element aixis lens alone on my red just to see how it looked and its a amazing color red but i was wondering what would just a short FL lens would do.
    That Aixiz red lens is junk for the application, you are sending lots of reflections back to the diode.

The short FL work great, swap to the o-like blue lens you have one on your 445? if not you should dump the whatever and go to it or a 405-g-2

im in chat if that didn;t make sense