Page 36 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi ML520G71...Red Holy Grail or Flashlight Fail ??

Default Stupid Title Here

I adjusted the drawing to show more realistic proportions. I have no idea if only one (1) final set of Cylinderical lenses....with a magnification of (8) would suffice....If so....great !!! If not....then four sets might be necessary. I am sure several different configuration will be eventually be presented here. Fun times !!

BEAM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ML520G71 Quad V2.JPG  

Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

@ cd beam thanks for the email
    going by your setup in the pic you will get an 8x4mm beam, is that what you want ??

just as a note at best i think we will get two combined , after all to get the divergence right, your going to get
    a 4x4mm beam at apeture, four might be possible if you can manage to nife edge two through a single set of lava lens, but that might be fun trying to get it right. it not as easy as with prisms
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Mr. B.....You are correct.......With the aperature size of the current Drlava C-Lenses @ 4mm x 4mm...a knife edge would yield a minimum of 8mm x 4mm.......BUT....I am hopeful that with C-lenses...at a magnification of 8.....perhaps we can lessen the aperature geometry...and still maintain an acceptable divergence...which might allow for a quad set up ???? Yes....there is a whole lota wish'in and speculation going on here.....Yikes !!! " Photoxication " strikes again !!

Beam
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    Mr. B.....You are correct.......With the aperature size of the current Drlava C-Lenses @ 4mm x 4mm...a knife edge would yield a minimum of 8mm x 4mm.......BUT....I am hopeful that with C-lenses...at a magnification of 8.....perhaps we can lessen the aperature geometry...and still maintain an acceptable divergence...which might allow for a quad set up ???? Yes....there is a whole lota wish'in and speculation going on here.....Yikes !!! " Photoxication " strikes again !!

Beam
    As badger already stated, the only way to get a usable quad out of these would be to knife edge before the cylinder correction and if that works would need to be tested first due to the beams being off axis to the cylinders. Plus in order to keep the aperture beam size down you will have to settle for a somewhat higher divergence of approximately 1.2mrad. Theoretically it should work but multimode diodes can be a little unpredictable at times.

just a small off-topic here, we were talking about superchilling LOCs to get 640 light... so,if we superchill these ones, will we get YELLOW???

ok, never mind me, just thinking out loud
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    just a small off-topic here, we were talking about superchilling LOCs to get 640 light... so,if we superchill these ones, will we get YELLOW???

ok, never mind me, just thinking out loud
    It might be worth a shot to see what the wavelength shift on these diodes would be.

If they are anywhere near the LOCs (0.2nm/K), they could be tuned with some very... interesting results.

Let them run warm and you can go up the wavelengths to about 645nm (running 35 degrees warmer), which these diodes have already proven to run.

Chill them down and you could practically go down to about 620nm -- which may be fairly orange, but bright enough.

You won't really be able to reach yellow (570nm) since it would mean dropping the wavelength by 68nm and bringing the temperature down by 340K -- so you would need to chill the diode down to below absolute zero!

sry to go off topicClick image for larger version. 

Name:	cmount.PNG 
Views:	65 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	28270
    I was offered that.
    from a reliable source for 100$ and its cmount.
    You think that would be any good?
    i know there is no emitter size but 1w for 100$ is kinda nice

For $125 you can (or could) get Opnext HL6388mg which are 638 @ 250mW small emitter (20 um) . I've overdriven them to 500mA for an output of 350 mW after collimation lens.

SFire....As you have experimented with the Drlava lenses ...and know...the use of C-Lenses is ultra sensative to on axis condition. I understand that the beam geometry after collimation lens presents itself much more compact on the Y axis...ideal for knife edging...but the off-axis condition of two knifed edged beams propagating thru a C-Lens set up might deliver garbage....as you also noted. We are between an " Optical Rock and an Optical Hard place " haha. I trust someone will try the Dual LD's knife edged...then into a set of C-Lenses.

Perhaps ...oversized C-Lenses would have a larger " Sweet spot "....and not produce off-axix aberations. Just attempting to apply logic....which normally comes out bass ackwards when dealing with optics. The search for the Grail continues !! We will see !!!

BEAM

is it correct that these are 655 - 660 kiyoukan? that's what it says there... if so, then, not a big deal
    "its called character briggs..."