Page 61 of 140 FirstFirst ... 5157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi ML520G71...Red Holy Grail or Flashlight Fail ??

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    On the TEC, Any ideas on what size watt rating is needed for cooling diodes in general. ?
    If you have daves (or similar) mounts I would recommend 4W/1.9V/3A 15mm x 15mm http://www.wimo.com/cgi-bin/verteile...lemente_d.html placed on top of the mount, heatsinking of the top. It's closest to the diode, giving low thermal resistance between TEC and diode, therefore allowing much smaller TECs. These TECs are good to run in series with their low operating voltage, making them ideal for multi diode setups.

Did I mention "cheap" @ 5,50€/pcs!!
    Last edited by Solarfire; 11-30-2011 at 10:16.

Hey guys. I put some prototyping parts in the for sale section. I few sets of cylinders and some early versions of my centering mounts.

Little update, I've ordered a few test samples of the desired cyl lenses, will let you who contacted me about it know when they get here!

There have been a lot of different ideas posted here about telescopes for these diodes. Also, I have talked with many over Pm about it. I have been working on kits that have all the mechanical parts to build two different kinds of dual modules. They are aimed at DIYers that don't have access to a milling machine but want to "get their hands dirty" so to speak.

Here is my question...... What beam parameters do people here want? Is it most important to fit on 3mm or 5mm scanners? Is is the lowest divergence possible most are after? Or do most want to match the spot on an uncorrected 445 with 0-like lens (~1.8mRad)?

All the above are possible. The best thing I ever did was move up to 5mm scanners. Reducing the divergence of all the lasers including the green has made the most drastic improvement in brightness for both graphics and beams.

Here is my question...... What beam parameters do people here want? Is it most important to fit on 3mm or 5mm scanners? Is is the lowest divergence possible most are after? Or do most want to match the spot on an uncorrected 445 with 0-like lens (~1.8mRad)?

+1 for 5mm to match corrected 445

3mm AND match 445nm beam

My vote's for the low divergence beam, and 5x5mm at the ap. I second that the beams look better like that. Thanks for your hard work Log^2 :]

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert View Post
    +1 for 5mm to match corrected 445
    +2

And then some...

i'll also vote for the 5x5 mm beam, maybe 4x4 but that's as thin as it gets for me
    "its called character briggs..."

The red module I have been talking about is closer to reality. Turns out these mitsu's need quite a bit of adjust-ability to get what we want out of them. Of course that means more parts, tiny parts. The case is pretty utilitarian (maybe will do something bout that if I ever get my Bridgeport CNC'ed).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2xredPBS.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	29018Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parts1.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	29019

Hopefully I can get everything mounted this evening.