Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retiring from Spaghetti

Default Retiring from Spaghetti

Hi all. I have retired from Spaghetti. I will no longer be selling or supporting it.

Hi Gary, what happened?

Thanks for your great product, I enjoyed using Spaghetti and working with you through bugs and features etc.

Wayne.
    This space for rent.

why not make it open source? let someone else play with it??

As long as you don;t retire from lasers....

Though I never got a chance to play with it, thanks for your contributions to the Hobby

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Hi all. I have retired from Spaghetti. I will no longer be selling or supporting it.
    leading in trailing technology

I've been thinking about it for awhile. Today some guy on LPF annoyed me to the point where the BS became greater than the beer money it generated. Spaghetti is what I use for laser shows at home and I will continue to improve it to suit my needs. It's all about me now. I apologize to those who might feel abandoned but it is what is. I'll leave Spaghetti available for download and keep my forum operational at least until my domain expires. It's been an interesting jouney but I am excited about my retirement.

I will not be releasing the source code for it because there is a lot of IP that I wish to retain.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I've been thinking about it for awhile. Today some guy on LPF annoyed me to the point where the BS became greater than the beer money it generated. Spaghetti is what I use for laser shows at home and I will continue to improve it to suit my needs. It's all about me now. I apologize to those who might feel abandoned but it is what is. I'll leave Spaghetti available for download and keep my forum operational at least until my domain expires. It's been an interesting jouney but I am excited about my retirement.

I will not be releasing the source code for it because there is a lot of IP that I wish to retain.
    sucks man, but you shouldn't let you get chased away by LPF.
    No offence to the nice LPF's that could be out there somewhere.
    But I personally consider LPF a big shithole with some interesting chunks laying very close to a bowl of shit.

My advice would be just to work on it and keep improving it so you maybe ever can make it a product that delivers more to you then just beer money.
    I think you should not ditch support for people that bought your product that basicly support your work on growing as a software developer and also think your software is worth buying.

There are a lot more things that I'm pretty sure spaghetti can gain and should gain.

so in conclusion I suggest you go on and well I would support you for it if you want.
    I dont have millions or thousands, currently have a lot of own expensive investements (which do really hurt my wallet), but aside from that I would still do a little donation if you would continue work on it.
    If not I would love to see you team up with an other laser programmer to combine knowledge rather then lose it.

Unhappy

Hi

So No close up sale?

Cheers,
    Ed

First Steve Jobs dies and now you announce your retirement from Spaghetti development!?!?!? I can't take anymore bad news!

Seriously John, don't let one bad apple spoil it for the rest or your loyal followers. Please take some time off and reconsider.

Gary,

I too hope you will reconsider. I understand the frustration, and I am sure that some do not appreciate your efforts. It still amazes me how many people take for granted the work of others, in a time where it's never been easier (read: affordable) to enter this as a hobby or profession.

Thanks for your efforts and contributions to the forum.

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

That's awful, honestly, as PJ said, there are loads of idiots on LPF, don't let one person stop you from continuing to develop your software.

You should as least continue for PL if you don't like the LPF idiots, your software is great and affordable.