Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Stanwax Products

Default New Stanwax Products

As you may have seen in another thread Stanwax Laser has just introduced an ILDA - CAT5 adaptor device which allows a pair of normal CAT5 leads to make the long run from your control position to the projector location on stage. CAT5 cable is advantagous to use due to it being cheap and smaller (and lighter) than 25-way cable plus the ends can be more easily routed through small gaps. It is possible to use the netwrok infrastructure in a building if available and as long as it does not pass through a hub or switch (see below)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cat5ilda1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	28877
    The length of run you can achieve will depend on the quality of the cable used but any cheap stranded (patch) CAT5 cable will work very well with these devices. One important thing to understand is that they are not networking devices so the CAT5 runs cannot pass through a hub/switch or be treated in such a way as to consider they carry data - the ILDA ananlogue signals are simply fed through the CAT5 cable pairs. They are not ILDA to Network adaptors.
    Signals used are
    Differental - X Y R G B
    plus ILDA interlock, ground, shutter and ILDA pin 24 which can be used as a start button signal when used in conjunction with Stanwax Laser ILDA interface boards.
    Talking of which.....Brand new in today and not yet even on our website (expect them to appear later tonight) are some anodised aluminium mounting panels for our ILDA boards. There are four varaitions which can be seen in the images (below) and are designed to allow retro fitting of our ILDA board to almost any projector and best of all even if you have limited mechanical skills you will be able to do a neat job. The panel in the projector needs just one big hole for the board to fit through and 4 holes for mounting screws and as it fits from the outside it will cover up any unsightly cutting work you may have made. They are supplied with instructions and a template to guide you in cutting the panel to fit the board and will be sold as an accessory to the ILDA board and will be available as a stand alone product if you want to use one with an ILDA board already purchased (all Stanwax Laser ILDA interface boards will fit these panels)
    Prices will be announced when they hit the shop later on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ildaboard-panels04.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	28874Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ildaboard-panels06.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	28876Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ildaboard-panels05.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	28875Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ildaboard-panels01.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	28871Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ildaboard-panels02.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	28872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ildaboard-panels03.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	28873
    Images show the 4 versions which are...
    ILDA Board only with no ILDA OUT option
    ILDA Board + ILDA OUT option
    ILDA Board + ILDA OUT option + extra holes for axis flip switches - image show buttons (for unreleased Stanwax Laser DS3 Axis control board) but holes can be opened up for different switches that you may have chosen.
    ILDA Board + ILDA OUT option + DS3 fittings which are 3 holes for Pots for RGB lavel control and (hard to see in the images) small holes for push buttons used for axis flip control on the DS3.
    On the last image you can clearly see the beautiful finish of the aluminium surface which is mill finished and anodised.
    If you want any more info ask here or by PM or email or check the online shop later when thay are added.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Nice! That'll make my case build much nicer as it'll hide my really bad hole cutting.
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Thats the plan!
    Fire up the Black n Decker.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Ah, ya bugger! And just in time for me getting my new cases too More stuff to spend money on! (did you get that latest LW pricelist BTW?)

Are you ever going to release a scanfail board at all? I'm probably going to buy Gento ones, but would wait if there might be an integrated solution on the horizon....
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

There is a scanfail in dev - I would say its not imminent but once I get a few bits out of the way - namely DS3, MaILDA (will be re-launched hopefully this week), and .netstop - I will be able to get back on it and do some serious dev. It will be designed to be a retro fit for DT scanners at first and then I will look at making it work with other scanners. It will also be a low tech device - simple with no wistles and bells and therefore it should be priced nicley too.
    I will mail about the modules later this eve.
    Rob

Ta Rob, I'd be wanting it for next year's festival season so have a bit of time to spare! A client has specifically requested crowd scanning so I have to arrange something by then.
    Could it have some way to set a horizon for doing targetted beams please?! Thanks
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

just received the adapters, now for connecting the two cables, how do i make sure i don't put them in the wrong place, is it if you look at the utp holes on the back left on the dac converter goes left in the projector convertor and right goes right?

Michel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

Michel
    One of these days you willnread the instructions!
    The rj45s are marked 1 and 2 connect 1 to 1 and 2 to 2
    Rob

ok, it was not that i didn't check the instructions but i didn't see the numbers on the devices when i opened the envelope, they are still in the plastic since i was in a hurry and i just went briefly through the instructions.
    Now that i took a second, more closer look, i see that there are indeed a "1" and "2" above the utp connectors.
    Think the laser beams didn't do a great job lasering my eyes and still need glases after all ;-)

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for not looking more closely in the first place

:-)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

Actually there was some issues with the laser marking so the first few have hand stamped markings on them - hopefully they will be bigger and more clear in future
    Rob