Thread: RGP Laser at Spencer gifts uses .lda files help please

Question RGP Laser at Spencer gifts uses .ild files help please

Hello,
    So i was in Spenser gifts, they have crap lasers but i noticed one doing images. 200$ Bought it, no brand, no nothing, only label is the Class IIIa/warning/compliance label and a very broken English "instruction" paper that told you how to turn it on. It was a promo to the store(1 in a box, 1 on display) to see if they could sell. Its a RGP 532nm, 660nm, 405nm, <5mW unit. Cracked it open of course and noticed a MMC card in a slot on a mainboard. popped it into my computer and found .ild files and a prg file. I downloaded Spaghetti demo after searching for .ild and laser and such, nice utility to view the image files. The .prg file is a bit more interesting I was wondering if anyone could tell me what some of the variables mean.

Aurora91.ild,10,1
    SPRT2.ILD,10,2
    Aurora17.ild,10,2,i
    are some of the entries in the prg file

i know its <file>,?,<times to repeat file>,?
    also, is there a decent free ild file maker, or any more information about it. i will post pics of the insides once i get the wires all labeled and such so that i can put it back together again. There is an audio function that seems to run another set of preset frames in rythem that are not on the mmc card and do not change randomly but rather steps through upwards of 1000s of frames(base on me tapping the mic for over 10 minutes before it cycled around to the beginning) It is interesting to note that the mainboard has 2 labels " lcd1" and "lcd2" 5 pins each, as well as 5 pins that look like they would be a usb header but not labeled and i dont want to just try it.
    Thanks,
    I hope to hear from someone soon.

Luke

the three modes
    Sound Runs onboard images frame by frame to rythem
    Auto Runs files on mmc card if installed OR the onboard images in smooth playback same images as sound mode runs
    Pause Holds on image running in auto mode only, just repeats the file over and over
    Also its a 256mb english printed "elite pro high speed" mmc card "made in taiwan" which the 18 .ild files used only 13mb of.
    2 stickers inside read "AKJ-10-140" one on the daughter card that controls the x/y mirror servos and one on the x/y mirror servo mounts
    The power supply is a "gfp181da-1512-1" made in china INPUT: 110-240V ~50-60HZ OUTPUT: DC+15V ==1000MA(pin1), DC-15V == 500MA(pin2) 3 pins in an inverted triangle 3rd bottem point/ground.
    Last edited by GridMonkey; 11-27-2011 at 23:59. Reason: more info

Aurora91.ild,10,1 Play Auror91.ILD,10=SPEED,1= how many times to repeat. Don't know what the i might be. I am a total newby with a small laser with an sd card slot:
    http://www.eforchina.com/view/78799/...-NW-S-D03-.htm
    Came with software for tracing, creating, animating frames which I can copy to the disk and project. (haven't got the animating to work...but SO Close!) Grab any .ild files you can download and just use notepad or something to create a file such as Test.prg (make sure you change to save as "all files" and not as a text file). And then put this and some .ild files in a folder called Test and edit the Test.prg to add the files by name, speed,times to repeat (bird1,10,3). Save onto the card...plug it in and play. My laser only supports a FAT 32 formatted sd card. If I said anything you knew...maybe someone else could benefit. You can see some examples of what came with my laser and files I have downloaded at: http://vimeo.com/user7675147/videos. I'll bet some are the same-same. Congrats on your find. It's amazing wht we can hold in our hands s an entry into this field (speaking for myself). As always...be Careful and amaze your friends!

Yea its pretty much the same place as where i am, Mine didn't come with software though or the LCD screen i see on the back of the unit you have though it probably has the same brain, and of course yours was less, ah well tis what it is.

Well...like I said...seek out and obtain whatever .ild files you can locate and load em up. If you can get access to the PL ftp site...load up. Learn and give back when you can.

GridMonkey, PLEASE take some photos of that and post or link them here, you might have to do some more posting before allowed to share an image possibly though.
    The projector has no name it calls itself anywhere?

and post more of the contents of the playback script

what are the preset frames like? are they detailed?

the letters and numbers on the sticker had me envisioning bright blue, I wonder why
    I hope you googled them.

Hey, sorry to never get back to this thread, http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...from-Spencer-s appears to be the same one. Thanks