Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 510nm laser diodes within hobbiest hands

I don't follow the Aixiz modules, but it would be nice if there were a picture of the complete rear, not a shot through the font showing the through hole at rear. It seems like a solution for them. We have 12mm housings in aluminum, made to house the 3.8mm modules, accepting M9X0.5mm nuts. They were made by a member here and likely seen by a few other members here, and elsewhere. We can use anything we have, or is sent to us, yes.
    520nm Green Diodes sold @ $49
    Oclaro/ Opnext LD's for sale
    450nm, single mode diodes For Sale
    405-G-2 650-G-2 Lenses For Sale
    Low Cost CPU Type TEC w/ Heat Sinks For Sale $9

More Components For Sale on LASER66 >>LINK<<
    80% Polymer Lowers for AR
    eBay:
    LASERS4U, but stopped selling there due to Policies.

web:
    www.LASER66.com

Do you know if the Vf of the new batch of green diodes will be any lower than the 7v or so of the ones out there now?

Any updates please?

Something must have happened. I wonder if they stopped making them or diverted them only to pico projector work. After all the eff. is horrible for pico projector applications.

This pico projector has a DI green:

http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/m...d=306458&vid=1

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    This pico projector has a DI green:

http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/m...d=306458&vid=1
    May 31, 2012 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - MicroVision, Inc.
    MicroVision Receives Purchase Orders in Excess of $4M from Pioneer Corporation for PicoP® Gen2 Technology

MicroVision, Inc. . . . today announced that it has received purchase orders from Pioneer Corporation valued in excess of $4 million. The purchase orders cover key components, including MEMS and electronics, which are part of the company’s patented next generation HD PicoP® display technology based on direct green lasers (PicoP Gen2) that Pioneer is integrating into its Cyber Navi car navigation system.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CYBER NAVI.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	33106

Pioneer is MicroVision’s first customer under its Image by PicoP ingredient brand business model whereby it sells components and receives license fees and royalties for its patented PicoP display technology. Pioneer’s Cyber Navi head-up display (HUD) is the first commercial product based on MicroVision’s PicoP Gen2 display technology.

MicroVision has already begun shipping components to Pioneer for its aftermarket HUD product that is expected to be available in Japan in July. The Cyber Navi is the world’s first HUD to project augmented reality information in front of the windscreen and the world’s first onboard HUD to use lasers. The product was designed to offer drivers a new way to experiencing data on the road.

Pioneer will combine the MEMS and electronics it receives from MicroVision with red, blue and direct green lasers from Pioneer’s laser suppliers to create optical engines based on MicroVision’s patented PicoP reference design. The PicoP display technology embedded in the HUD delivers bright, clear, full color images viewable in daylight in a small form factor with low power requirements.
    YouTube "Pioneer’s Cyber Navi head-up display (HUD)" uploaded May 7, 2012 by PioneerCorporationPR
    Last edited by madmacmo; 06-13-2012 at 15:31. Reason: Embed CYBERNAVI image

"Right around the corner"
    oops just noticed this is the same projector from post #41 at top of page ..

Note where Hobbyist AnthoT began soliciting today for interest in a possible group buy for 3.8mm 510nm 50mW & 5.6mm 515nm 25mW diodes:
    Re: Direct Green Laser Diode Technology Progress Post #63

Edit: Hobbyist AnthoT's actual GB "Feeler" Thread: FEELER: Direct Green 50mw 515nm laser diodes

Where he describes the specific diodes: Re: Direct Green Laser Diode Technology Progress Post #71

It is possible these are being sourced from Power Technology, Inc (greenlaserdiode.com) that is referenced within another Hobbyist's earlier post:
    Re: Direct Green Laser Diode Technology Progress Post #53

Edit: However Power Technology, Inc diode descriptions indicate both of these are TO38 ICut 3.8mm packages and there is no readily apparent 515nm diode listed.
    LD1963 510nm 60mW | Green Laser Diode
    LD1972 520nm 50mW | Green Laser Diode
    Last edited by madmacmo; 06-14-2012 at 17:26.

As soon as I saw this, I thought Oh Boy! I want one at about 525nM! That's about the center of those really nice bright green LEDs! I think that would be perfect!
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Hobbyiest Group Buy is Off - 510nm LD source [Apparently] backed out
    Re: FEELER: Direct Green 50mw 515nm laser diodes Post #18
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthoT
    I just got a very very sad email,

Sorry guys...
    Quote:
    Anthony,
    Apparently delivery is going to be an issue. We have 120 of the 510nm laser and over 100 are dedicated to orders. Due to the high demand for this laser and a Laser Focus Webinar we are sponsoring today we expect a high demand for this laser. The manufacturer is not going to have their next run available until August.
    Best regards,
    Gary
    Last edited by madmacmo; 06-15-2012 at 14:18.