Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DZ ILDA Breakout Board (3rd Generation)

Default DZ ILDA Breakout Board (3rd Generation)

Current Status: Out of Stock *In the middle of making the Z-5 Consoles, these will be out of stock for a while*
    Hi all, I've just finished testing the new breakout board and it appears everything is working as designed!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03173.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	30544
    Each breakout board will be sold as a complete, fully assembled kit. This will help to ensure that at the end of this run I don't have any parts left over that I have to eat the cost for. So, what you get in the kit is a breakout board, a DB-25M ILDA in cable and a DB-25F Passthru cable. The use of Invert switches are optional, when you receive the breakout board there will be 2 jumpers on each invert pin header, remove these jumpers and install an invert switch to use this feature. To use the invert feature, simply wire a DPDT switch to the crimp pins and connector block. Each breakout board kit will include 12 crimp pins and 2 connector blocks to plug into the two 6 pin headers. Also, the when using the invert switches, this will only invert the signals at the screw terminals, this will not invert the signals on the pass-thru cable.

Name:	DSC03183.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	30542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03185.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	30543
    There are a couple other unique items about the breakout boards that need to be covered. First, is the "-" color channels (-R, -G, -B, -Db, -Ye, -Cy and -i). These are all tied to ILDA pin 25 on the input cable and the output cable. I'm not aware of any confirmed DAC that outputs differential for color, with exception to the early QM2K's, current QM2K's have the "-" color lines tied to pin 25. Having the "-" color lines tied to pin 25 *should* not be an issue for your DAC, if you are unsure, check with the person that created your DAC or ask around here.

The next item is the interlock lock. This 3rd generation breakout board has a completely redesigned loop circuit. Since every projector should have it's own interlock loop, inter-mixing projectors together with passthru cables create problems with these independent loops. So, the breakout board now features an active loop circuit. The passthru cable interlock loop is competely isolated from the ILDA in cable. If the ILDA in loop comes disconnected from the DAC, the passthru cable interlock loop will also go open and interupt the 2nd projector. This is an optional feature to take advantage of, if you do not wish for the passthru interlock loop to be dependent on projector 1's interlock loop being satisfied, then you can attach a jumper to the "bypass" pin header. This will make projector 1 appear as a DAC to projector 2 since projector 1 cannot interupt the passthru cable interlock loop. (Have I lost you yet?!) Ok, in order to make this work correctly, your interlock circuitry in your projector must have a common connection to ground, including the breakout board's GND connection (which is basically ILDA pin 25). You then run the + side of your loop thru what ever makes up your loop circuit, cover switches, EPO switches, etc. Then, that + voltage needs to connect to the "L" screw terminal on the breakout board. This will send the +V out on ILDA pin 4 to your DAC, which will return the +V back on pin 17 which is tied to the "LR" screw terminal. If, +V is present on the "LR" screw terminal, this will feed a small LED on the board to show that the interlock loop is satisfied, it will also feed the base of a transistor, which will close a relay to short ILDA pins 4 and 17 together on the passthru cable. So, if properly working and the bypass does not have a jumper, disconnection from your DAC will open both interlock loops.

Another thing to consider, these boards and being populated with a G5V-1 5VDC relay. If you use an interlock loop that exceeds 5V (I would say that your safe up to 8 or 9VDC), then you may need to replace the relay. I do not have any 12V relays, I did order a couple 24V relays that I'm willing to put on at special request, once they are gone though, I wont stock anymore 24V relays.

That pretty much sums up the new breakout board, if you have questions, please feel free to ask here in this thread or via PM.

Pricing:
    10% of each kit sold will be donated to the janitor to help support PhotonLexicon!
    Each kit will be $30 shipped within the USA.
    I've been having a difficult time determining international shipping, my best estimate leave me to this conclusion, which may go up or down depending on what actually happens at the post office! Shipped worldwide for $30 plus $4 shipped for the first board, additional $2 for each board after that. (Example: 3 boards ($30*3)+4+2+2=$98)
    Send me a PM with the number of board kits you'd like to purchase, along with your ship to address and paypal ID, I will send you an invoice from paypal.

Additional details:

Name:	DSC03182.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	30545

Additional pics:

Name:	DSC03181.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	30546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03180.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	30547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03179.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	30548Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03170.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	30549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03175.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	30550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03176.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	30551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03177.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	30552

edit - I've edited the above information to show that the invert switches will no longer be shipped with the breakout boards. Two things bring me to this decision, first was the issue with the current switches where they have shown to be unreliable at switching low voltage signals. Second, not everyone will want to use this style switch. So, if anyone has a preference, you are welcome to send me the switches you want to use and I will wire them up to the crimp pins and connector block free of charge. If not, I will provide the crimp pins and connector block with the kits so that you can wire them, if you decide to use the invert capabilies of the board. Thanks!
    Last edited by DZ; 01-16-2014 at 04:09.

Incoming PM!

I look forward to receiving them!
    Thanks David
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

PM sent. Thanks Dave!

PM Sent... Thanks Dave

Save one for me please ill pm you for info tomorrow..

Thanks fordoing this

Len

For everyone that has paid up to this point, your items have been shipped as of today (2/18). I have also just made a donation to PL to cover the breakout boards and a couple gm-20 kits sales. Many thanks to Spec since none of this would be possible without PhotonLexicon!

Hi DZ,

I have 4 of the Reke 500RGB's and also Pago's QS 2.0. I have some skill set for wiring and soldering. But lack so much knowledge about Lasers. But am learn as much as I can.

I was a CNC Machinist, so I have some programming background. QS is going to be fun. Are there instructions how to wire the boards? Looks like they could be mounted inside a PJ, or built inside a small case. Also is there a list of needed parts, like ribbons, connectors, etc.. to connect the PJ's to the board? Wanted to know if you also send instructions, or have them posted somewhere online.

Thanks
    LC

the idea of the boards is to simplify the internal connections inside your projector. Think of it as a distribution board for the ILDA incoming signal. It simply means you can attach all of the various signal cables to the right pin on the ILDA port, without having to solder them all direct to the connections.
    It comes supplied with the ILDA fly leads, so once you've located the board inside the projector, and fixed the IN/THRU ILDA connectors to your rear plate, you just connect the scanner and blanking signals to the relevant screw terminals on the breakout board.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

thanks norty, I get that part. But what is taking place inside the PJ physically? I see the ILDA Board in the PJ. Is the Breakout Board going between the wires going in/out of the PJ ILDA Board? Are you guys removing the connected wires and connecting to the BB? Then, for a pass thru, are you guys cutting a new opening for the DB25? Or can I just open the PJ and just drop the new BB inside and close it back up?

Ok, that part is a joke, you guys do have a sense of humor right?

Oh no, bring out the Pitch Fork's and Flaming Torches.

LC