Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

No, I was thinking about how many frames LSX should write to the exported file per second. If something went wrong there, say it records 300 frames instead of 30, file size explodes.

I've found it worthwhile to always save with zero changes before doing an export. I set up start finish points before save too.

May or may not help?

Are you getting this problem every time? I only encountered it once or twice so thought it was an obscure bug...

Hi. Some great shows and as a newbie with LSX extremely helpful. One question - in LSX lite there are a whole host of shows which look great on the screen but I can't find a way of getting them to the laser. The target world is set to screen and in the configuration screen which pops up when I loaf the show there is nothing that let's me route to full show. Is this a restriction of the Lite version - do I have to upgrade to basic to use them - I.e 2 target worlds.
    Anybody have any thoughts

Howard
    Uk
    Etherdream
    Ishiw v 2.3
    Lsx lite
    Spaghetti
    Shinp 980rgb x2

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

download and install the 0.5.0 etherdream firmware from this link: http://www.ether-dream.com/downloads.html

that should resolve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wrighth1 View Post
    Hi. Some great shows and as a newbie with LSX extremely helpful. One question - in LSX lite there are a whole host of shows which look great on the screen but I can't find a way of getting them to the laser. The target world is set to screen and in the configuration screen which pops up when I loaf the show there is nothing that let's me route to full show. Is this a restriction of the Lite version - do I have to upgrade to basic to use them - I.e 2 target worlds.
    Anybody have any thoughts

Howard
    Uk
    Etherdream
    Ishiw v 2.3
    Lsx lite
    Spaghetti
    Shinp 980rgb x2
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hi.
    Thanks for this. Managed to get the shows working. The problem was that peazip has a default unzip option of not overwriting existing files. So even though I re-installed LSX several times it didn't overwrite the etherdream doll and hence I could not get it working. But firing on all cylinders now and ready for my first outing tomorrow night!

Thanks again

Howard

You can use Spec2(a,b) where a is 0 for left, 1 for right and 0.5 for mix and b is the frequency band.
    You'll need to determine which value of b you want to use. The best way is probably to create a line and use PreMoveY with the spec2(0.5, idx) expression and guess what the best value is.
    What I normally do is to create a setvar event that is used in both the desired expression as the frequency and in a ShiftX under a vertical line. It's best to have the spectrum and line in a separate timeline. This way the setvar controls which frequency the effect responds to and gives a graphical representation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9p...it?usp=sharing

That's possible, but you need to replace all Spec2(a,b) with Spec(b) for the internal audio (there's no extra argument for selecting the stereo source).

The events you are talking about are probably on another timeline. Go to timeline 2 (in the grey bar just above the audio visualisation) to edit them, unless you have LSX lite of course.

Quote Originally Posted by solidude View Post
    And i already got another problem. Any transform event i put below an SFX Loop either doesnt do anything to the sfx loop (like color fade) or modifies only one element when you have a graphic looped in the SFX Loop (like size or move event)...
    make rend2frame under sfx loop and animation from that frame. then apply effects on that animation

Indeed, it's not very precise. I used damping in my example, but it only helps so much. Yes, 0 is lowest and 1 is highest.

Here's a modified file for LSX lite.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9p...it?usp=sharing

Derp. I forgot to mention, you need to use ctrl while moving the mouse around. This changes the X position of the vertical line, which also indicates to which frequency the circle effect corresponds.
    It's not meant for display, as the spectrum is on the same timeline as the effect. I suggest you remove the spectrum and vertical line when you found a good position.
    I replaced Spec2 with Spec.

The SFX issue is known. You either need to put the transformation events inside the SFX or use a rend2frame + animation. Same for a RunText event.