Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Gentlemen, last night I just fired up my very first 2nd projector and viewed a 2 scanner show
    Is there a way to have two preview windows open at the same time; one for each timeline (scanner) ?
    Hey Jason,

Well, not that I'm aware of, but although the preview window displays everything by default, you can de-select timelines via the buttons labled 1-8 on the left hand side of the main LSX window. This will allow you to focus on one timeline at a time.

I am writing 6 projector shows these days and the way I keep track is by dragging the dots for each projector (by default sitting in the center of the preview window) to their intended relative position. As long as you have your beamshow scanner selected for each timeline, it is clear what is coming from each of the associated projectors. If you are overwhelmed and want to focus on only one projector, just turn off beams and graphics for the undesired timelines/projectors.

Alternatively, you could resize the preview window to be wider than normal and shift the two projectors to the left and right and it will look similar to two side by side preview windows. An even more off the wall approach would be to open two copies of LSX simultaneously, load the same show, deselect different projectors and hit start on both as fast as possible.

I'll look forward to seeing your build!

-David
    Last edited by dkumpula; 08-22-2014 at 09:49. Reason: spelling!
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Ok...Ok...I'm pretty sure I already know the answer...or that the answer isn't one available...or...perhaps...it Is?
    I hooked up my laptop with Etherdream via usb...ilda cable (tested with Quickshow) to my LP-K2 projector. Green light where usb connects to etherdream, Orange light on ilda side ilda connect side...ilda cable connected to Lk-P2 laser ilda input and red light there. Seems to have a good connection...but when start built-in show no laser output. Disconnect ilda cable and get beams from projector.
    Sooooo...I Think Setting or Laser problem shaking hands. What would be my next step at getting beams?

Hey Rodman! USB on the Etherdream is only for updating firmware, not running shows. You need to use the Ethernet port instead. Do a search for DACs in the DAC assignment screen with Etherdream checked after you've connected it to your PC via Ethernet and assign the ED to a timeline by dragging and dropping.

David

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    I hooked up my laptop with Etherdream via usb...ilda cable (tested with Quickshow) to my LP-K2 projector. Green light where usb connects to etherdream, Orange light on ilda side ilda connect side...ilda cable connected to Lk-P2 laser ilda input and red light there.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Hey Rodman! USB on the Etherdream is only for updating firmware, not running shows. You need to use the Ethernet port instead. Do a search for DACs in the DAC assignment screen with Etherdream checked after you've connected it to your PC via Ethernet and assign the ED to a timeline by dragging and dropping.

David
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    I've got an Ethernet cable hooked up now.
    Where is the DAC Assignment Screen?

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I've got an Ethernet cable hooked up now.
    Where is the DAC Assignment Screen?
    Sure thing. Choose Edit then Edit DAC/Controller Timeline Assignments or the button along the left-hand side of the screen that has RGB lines with "123" underneath it. If you have problems seeing your Etherdream, refer to the Etherdream website and follow its instructions carefully. Firewalls may also create a problem in this regard, but I haven't encountered any problems myself.

I'd highly recommend reading the manual as LSX is not always obvious or intuitive. I read it at least twice cover to cover before really trying to write a show. CMB's tutorials in this thread are a must-watch as well.

-David

I'd highly recommend reading the manual as LSX is not always obvious or intuitive. I read it at least twice cover to cover before really trying to write a show. CMB's tutorials in this thread are a must-watch as well.

-David
    Thanks!...at work now...will try this when I get home around 3:00am Central Texas Time. I want to show my better half the built-in shows to show her what LSX is capable of!

I'd Love to have a manual on LSX...unfortunately...I purchased from a third party (whom is trying to get Dr Lava to switch license to My name)...Is there a manual in .pdf format somewherez?

I Just got the Software running and the Etherdream in Tuesday. I have to get some basics down before anything...But...I need to get beams out to even get started. I have the video/forum tutorials bookmarked...am ready to learn. Hope to attend SELEM 2015 and actually have something (beginner class) to show of mine.

I want to access the LSX Server...but can't figure out how to get a screen grab uploaded with the serial number as required...keeps asking for a url.

the DAC assignment screen with Etherdream checked after you've connected it to your PC via Ethernet and assign the ED to a timeline by dragging and dropping.

David
    I am SO Close! I want to spit!
    I found the DAC Assignment screen and checked Etherdream...I see where it says to drag and drop...but I can't find anything to drag.
    Rescanned...
    There's nothing in the Unassigned Controllers big block to drag.
    I DID have a firewall window pop up and I told it to allow.
    I tried turning off the firewall...no joy
    I'm hoping this conversation helps another newbie to get past this...
    After it helps ME of course!

Make sure Etherdream is checked in the check boxes.

On one computer I had LSX on it only worked when I turned off the public firewall. I attribute this to not allowing when windows popped up the exception the first time I opened LSX. On my current system I do not have that issue.

If you are using a laptop I would turn off your WIFI while trying to connect. Your system may be trying to use the WIFI rather than the LAN when attempting to connect.

Use a straight through Ethernet cable.
    I am SO Close! I want to spit!
    I found the DAC Assignment screen and checked Etherdream...I see where it says to drag and drop...but I can't find anything to drag.
    Rescanned...
    There's nothing in the Unassigned Controllers big block to drag.
    I DID have a firewall window pop up and I told it to allow.
    I tried turning off the firewall...no joy
    I'm hoping this conversation helps another newbie to get past this...
    After it helps ME of course!
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

In addition to Salty's advice, be sure you've followed the directions on the Etherdream website. I think you have to drop in a DLL into one of the LSX program directories, but I may be remembering incorrectly. The ED website also has a search utility tool and some other advice that you'll want to make sure you've read and tried.

-David

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

The LSX living manual is located here: http://furikuri.kirril.com/Private/l...vingManual.pdf