Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Like Swamidog said, you should chase the network side of things and make sure that the device can be found using the Etherdream sniffer app on the Etherdream website. The other avenues you are chasing are a waste of your time. When you resolve your network/firewall issue, you will see the ED in the DAC assignment dialog and you can progress quickly from there.

The blinking number on the back of your LK-PD2 are telling you that you have a DMX address programmed to that number to control the lumia wheel, but you don't have a DMX signal in alongside your ILDA signal. It doesn't hurt anything as the lumia wheel defaults to an open position in this situation. Read your LK-pd2 manual for more details on that topic.

David
    First...Thanks for all your patience with helping me get thru this...I want to Create!
    I re-fixed the dll file to the original etherdream.dll as you instructed...program loads nicely. Still no connect.
    I tried to run/dl the Diagnostic tool for Windows (sitter.exe) from the ether site...but my Win8 system lists it as "Unsafe to download and was blocked by SmartScreen Filter." Trying to locate and see if Smartscreen can take exceptions.

Ah...I got it to download and run with left-clicks...but it just opened up a window called etherdream with stuff unpopulated...such as ip address, version, status, source, network and Firmware. Will try disconnecting etherD and see if populates when reconnect...
    Last edited by rodman1369; 09-27-2014 at 13:28.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Turn off your windows firewalls.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    First...Thanks for all your patience with helping me get thru this...I want to Create!
    I re-fixed the dll file to the original etherdream.dll as you instructed...program loads nicely. Still no connect.
    I tried to run/dl the Diagnostic tool for Windows (sitter.exe) from the ether site...but my Win8 system lists it as "Unsafe to download and was blocked by SmartScreen Filter." Trying to locate and see if Smartscreen can take exceptions.

Ah...I got it to download and run with left-clicks...but it just opened up a window called etherdream with stuff unpopulated...such as ip address, version, status, source, network and Firmware. Will try disconnecting etherD and see if populates when reconnect...

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    Turn off your windows firewalls.
    Hey! I Did that and restarted...opened sitter.exe (diagnostic tool) and it populated!
    got an ip address: ###
    version: hardware 2, software 2
    Source: Network
    Network: ok (1ms)
    Firmware: v05.4

Feels like progress!

Another thing...if I disconnect my Ethernet cable from the dac...there is a couple clicks in my laser and of course, the light next to the ilda cable goes out.
    inch by inch...step by step...

much better!

yes, the etherdream senses the network connection and cuts output to the projector if it looses the cable. it's a safety feature.

now set the nic on your computer to a static IP in the same subnet as the IP reported by sitter.

Hey! I Did that and restarted...opened sitter.exe (diagnostic tool) and it populated!
    got an ip address: ###
    version: hardware 2, software 2
    Source: Network
    Network: ok (1ms)
    Firmware: v05.4

Feels like progress!

Another thing...if I disconnect my Ethernet cable from the dac...there is a couple clicks in my laser and of course, the light next to the ilda cable goes out.
    inch by inch...step by step...
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

much better!

yes, the etherdream senses the network connection and cuts output to the projector if it looses the cable. it's a safety feature.

now set the nic on your computer to a static IP in the same subnet as the IP reported by sitter.
    I feel like I felt at SELEM when in the laser swap room...lost.

What is a nic and how do I set it?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

No offense Rodney but, I'm glad I sold you the Etherdream. Reading this thread kinda is making my head explode. None of this is really in my wheelhouse so, I'm content to run LSX with a Moncha, Fiesta or QM2000. I'm certain you'll love it once the kinks are worked out. I never knew you had to go through all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    No offense Rodney but, I'm glad I sold you the Etherdream. Reading this thread kinda is making my head explode. None of this is really in my wheelhouse so, I'm content to run LSX with a Moncha, Fiesta or QM2000. I'm certain you'll love it once the kinks are worked out. I never knew you had to go through all this.
    Probably cause I'm using Win8...No regrets...I'm sure his will all end up good.

these are simply steps you would have to do with any network attached dac.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

these are simply steps you would have to do with any network attached dac.
    I've only had the experience of Quickshow with FB3...and I didn't have to set up anything along these lines!
    This is why all the questions.

Installed QS...hooked up the FB3...and hook it up to either of my rgb projectors...and the beams be a'flying!

Got LSX working...hooked up my new etherdream...lights all look good on DAC and a light on my projector next to ilda cable... but no beams...on both projectors.

You're shows are why I got LSX and the Etherdream in the first place.

Just trying to see some lights and then I can move on to experimentation, as you said.

I know it's something simple...If my Win7 laptop had not lost it's display when I was installing LSX...I Might be up now...
    Tried re-installing the laptop video per research...but no joy there.

So I'm stuck with Win8. Fighting security at every turn. And hoping to get the instructions needed to get thru this.

And Hopefully help someone else along the way.

remember, there's a big difference between serial (USB) and something that's actually using a tcp/ip network stack. usb is simpler, but network connectivity gives much greater distance, galvonic isolation, and the ability to share a single dac across multiple computers.

it is unclear if you have properly configured windows with a static ip in the same subnet of the dac.

run sitter to discover the ip of the etherdream (it's ok to post that ip here. it's non-routable). the ip should be something like this: 169.254.x.x

you have two options.

1) assuming the nic (network interface card) on your computer is set to dhcp, you can wait for it to timeout and self-assign. when that happens, it will most likely be able to talk to the etherdream without problem.

or

2) follow the instructions here to set a static ip on your nic to be in the same subnet as the one returned by sitter. pro-tip: just add 1 to the ip value returned by sitter.

http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.as...rticleid=27151

example: if sitter returns the ip of 169.254.1.10, set the computer's nic to 169.254.1.11.

verify network connectivity to the etherdream by opening a command prompt on the computer and attempting to pic the dac:

ping -t 169.254.1.10 (use the ip address listed in sitter).

ensure you have all firewalls disabled on the computer.

from the etherdream documentation:

"Note: you may need to disable or adjust the settings on your firewall software to be able to communicate with the Ether Dream. The driver DLL uses TCP port 7765 and UDP port 7654."

once you have established you can ping the etherdream and your firewall is disabled or configured to allow the necessary ports and protocols, run LSX, click on the DAC assignment and make sure you have etherdream selected. then you can scan for dacs and drag the etherdream image to timeline 0.

I've only had the experience of Quickshow with FB3...and I didn't have to set up anything along these lines!
    This is why all the questions.

Installed QS...hooked up the FB3...and hook it up to either of my rgb projectors...and the beams be a'flying!

Got LSX working...hooked up my new etherdream...lights all look good on DAC and a light on my projector next to ilda cable... but no beams...on both projectors.

You're shows are why I got LSX and the Etherdream in the first place.

Just trying to see some lights and then I can move on to experimentation, as you said.

I know it's something simple...If my Win7 laptop had not lost it's display when I was installing LSX...I Might be up now...
    Tried re-installing the laptop video per research...but no joy there.

So I'm stuck with Win8. Fighting security at every turn. And hoping to get the instructions needed to get thru this.

And Hopefully help someone else along the way.