Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New single mode red diode

Default New single mode red diode

A member over at LPF recieved some new single mode 3.8mm red diodes. He ran them at 760mA and got a peak of 520mW dring a test. These might turn out to be a great diode for projectors.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/ne...ock-73743.html

Interesting find, although not the ideal wavelength for projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Interesting find, although not the ideal wavelength for projectors.
    The wavelength is fine. Darker reds have been used. It's the lack of power that isn't ideal. But, if two of these are combined for 800mW of 660 then that is more than ideal for what I do. In fact, it would be very ideal.

A spectrometer would reveal the exact wavelength. But if they are 650 its not that bad att all. I love 650 because its more red then the 635,s also single mode is allot better then multimode. And the best thing is that my modules will hold also 3.8mm cans so i can build 2 watt of 650 with these babies Hopefully they will be available soon

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

wow LPF has found a few new diodes recently like the new 1w 638nm diode. oh no wait thats just a 500mw diode being over driven to fuck.

500mw of 650nm in a 3.6mm can which is single mode, really...
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I think personally that its a 300mw or 350 and can be overdriven to 500mw. Hopefully a datasheet will pop up from these or maybe a solid test to reveal what they really are. But it looks promising that,s for sure

would love to see a data sheet, it would make things a lot clearer for all
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I agree with andy ---> diodes being over driven to fuck <--- wauw i got a 2 watt 445 < yeah 2 watt lasting maybe 10 hours lol

Depends wich diode you use. The new 1.6 watt 445 nm diodes can handle 2 watt with a repectable lifetime.I prefer to sell modules with normally driven diodes except if the customer insist. I advice not to overdrive them but some customers know what the diodes are capable of and they want to have more power. They loose warrenty of course but its a choice that the customer can make. But i agree some people do intend to push them too hard

Just found this today. Not 2W but still a lot of juice. These may actually do 2W and live a longish life like a year or two. Plus notice the wavelenght is 450nm.......

24.04.2012|Trade Press

Blue laser diode with high optical power from Osram Opto Semiconductors

With the new high power laser diode PL TB450, Osram Opto Semiconductors strengthens its leading role in lasers on indium-gallium-nitride basis. Mounted in a compact TO56 package, the blue laser diode features an optical power of 1.4 Watt (W). Thus it is particularly suitable for high-quality projectors in the professional field. Other applications for this high power component reach from laser systems for stage and decoration illumination to medical applications.
    x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Professional projectors with a luminous flux of more than 1000 lumen are the main area of application for the new laser diode PL TB450. With its wavelength of 450 nanometer (nm) it produces exactly the wanted blue, and with 1.4 W (at room temperature and a current of 1.2 A) the high optical power required.